STOCK Windshield Deflector -- Flip - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: STOCK Windshield Deflector -- Flip

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gray rider View Post
    Phantom, I can't extrapolate from the photos, would your innovative extension fit in the saddlebag? I could make up a simple microfiber drawstring bag. Pop the shield on, eighty miles to bike night, take the shield off at the cities edge and have a cooler ride through town. I think your shield is a great idea.
    Great suggestion!

Just went out to my garage and .... YES it fits in the saddlebags

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Interesting

I like the idea, Phantom. I have a Baggershield adjustable and love the flexibility. I sent them an email about possibly using some bicycle seat post cam bolts for quick releases instead of the bolt/wing nut theory, which gets old adjusting twice daily and isn't the most attractive. I never heard squat from them, though. I'm a fan of new ideas, and yours may be a great solution.

Great idea, I'd spend money on this, sign me up. Maybe it could come with a felt sleeve so when you put it in the saddlebag it wouldn't get scratched? I haven't changed out my shield yet since I don't want chnage the character of the bike, but I would do this! Good stuff Phantom!

Looks better in person mounted !!!!! I will be making the bottom edge lower by about 1/2 inch.

Prototype mounted on a F6B ... LOOKING over the flip without taking away from the awesome look of the F6B.

Everyone at this dealership agreed

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Looks better in person mounted !!!!! I will be making the bottom edge lower by about 1/2 inch.

Prototype mounted on a F6B ... LOOKING over the flip without taking away from the awesome look of the F6B.

Everyone at this dealership agreed

I have to say, that looks great and is a great idea! Now can you do something to cover up that ugly mug?

My suggestion would be to make the bottom edge match the lines of the rubber strip at the base of the stock shield.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Now can you do something to cover up that ugly mug?
    here is my best side just for you

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    My suggestion would be to make the bottom edge match the lines of the rubber strip at the base of the stock shield.
    Yes, I had made that same comment at the dealership , the other idea would be to make the bottom sides match the rubber strip angle and make the center cut-out half the size for airflow to still get in underneath it so that the rider doesn't have stagnant air.

By the way, I've seen your mug .... nothing to write home about

I heard that even Camels in Iraq would start running the opposite direction once they spotted that weapon of mass unsightliness !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    By the way, I've seen your mug .... nothing to write home about

I heard that even Camels in Iraq would start running the opposite direction once they spotted that weapon of mass unsightliness !!!
    OUCH. That's why I keep it covered up.

Attachment 5406

Nice job, Tony
    Ken (Hornblower)