Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay

Riser Installed!

Here are a few close-up pix of the riser installed for those that want a closer look. Thanks Steve.

After test ride, wife likes the support and feels she doesn't need to grab onto the rails as much. Definitely more secure. A happy wife is a happy life!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

WOW!!! That was quick!!! I sent out 4 Sat am...3 Sun am 1 tonight...and 2 tomorrow night!!!! Glad your wife is happy!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Just got mine, I'll install in the a.m.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Easy install, but no passenger has tried it out yet...

DSC_4961.jpg DSC_4964.jpg
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Cool Backrest Riser for my F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/111118212398...84.m1555.l2649

This is a backrest extension/riser that will mount on a F6B Deluxe backrest...Raising the back rest approximately four inches above stock. Ever have your passenger complain that they feel like they will fall off using the stock butt chock? This item will raise the backrest to a useable level to where it actually functions. As an added benefit you will then be able to use the backrest as a point to secure a day bag or other item to your rack!!! Literally a ten minute install time using the factory screw and bolts. Simply remove the two bolts that hold the backrest down, remove the two screws under the backrest and " pop " the backing off, next remove the four bolts that hold on the stock brace and install the new and improved brace. Reinstall and go for a ride...your passenger will be happy you did !!!
    Just ordered mine!!!!!!! My GF is going to love it!!!!!!!!

Thanks....it will go out tomorrow!!! Thanks again.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Testing

Has it gone through any testing? It looks like it would bend back without a lot of pressure. Could be dangerous to the passenger.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Laker View Post
    Has it gone through any testing? It looks like it would bend back without a lot of pressure. Could be dangerous to the passenger.
    I'm not sure what you're basing that comment on, just the picture? The backrest is steel, very strong and sturdy when mounted. At 4 inches and it being made out of steel you would have to put a tremendous amount of weight on it to make it "dangerous", more so than anyone could do leaning up against it. I could see after years of use maybe and that's a big maybe the bracket starting to bend slightly over time causing a slight curve in the metal but nothing dangerous. It's well made and definitely worth $40!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I'm not sure what you're basing that comment on, just the picture? The backrest is steel, very strong and sturdy when mounted. At 4 inches and it being made out of steel you would have to put a tremendous amount of weight on it to make it "dangerous", more so than anyone could do leaning up against it. I could see after years of use maybe and that's a big maybe the bracket starting to bend slightly over time causing a slight curve in the metal but nothing dangerous. It's well made and definitely worth $40!

I see it having no bending issues for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Laker View Post
    I'm sure it's strong enough, too. Can't say what my wife weighs (she won't even tell me), but she's almost 6 feet tall. There is give to it, but not that much. Ask Steve if you'e worried. My guess is that it's tempered steel.