Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Did you convert from a Wing to an F6B?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 24.51%
  • No

194 75.49%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B?

I hear a lot of forum members saying that they would have never own a full sized/full blown Goldwing...either due to the size...the trunk...or the image of being a old man's bike. But I think that ANY motorcycle you own can be ridden to be THEE bike you want, whether it is a full Golfwing, or a V-strom 650, or a old BSA Lightning 650. It is the rider that dictates what that bikes is...and what it means to them, and where they ride it. I think "most" of us know that, but when I see so many say they would not have owned a full Goldwing, it "bugs" me a little. (just a little)

All of my previous Goldwings that I have owned, were ridden like they were a ST-1100 or a ST-1300, and at times...like they were a CBR1100-XX Blackbird
    . It is a matter of how you ride, where you ride, and your mindset on that particular bike. I have taken a Goldwing 1500...and blown away competing BMW K1100LTs and K1100RSs, and ST-1100's at endurance rallies, and I mean it really shocked some of these other riders when a Blacked out Goldwing 1500 blows past them in the middle of the night...in the middle of the Nevada desert, and they wonder how that Wing is traveling at those speeds, or handling those curves like that.

To me, the Goldwing 1800 is truly a SPORT touring bike. I used all of my previous Goldwing 1800s as a endurance riding tool, so even the trunk on the back was utilized for long distance/endurance riding capabilities...even if it meant storing a couple nitrous bottles in there

Any motorcycle...is what YOU make of it. There are some darn good riders out there...i.e., Big Dawg on his 2012 GL-1800 Wing, that can outride a lot of sportbike riders. Same is true with Suzuki V-Strom 650 riders...and just about any bike made...it is more about the rider...than it is the bike.

Make the most of the bike you have, be one with your bike...get to know it so well that you and it can fly like an Eagle (or Seahawk)

Styling is one thing, and the F6B is a great looking bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
    I am curious how many F6B owners converted from a Goldwing to an F6B.
    still have a 2008 GL with almost 90,000 miles. Just added the F6B to the toy box.

Quote Originally Posted by jdurbin View Post
    still have a 2008 GL with almost 90,000 miles.
    You must have stopped riding the '08 Wing after the first year of owning it...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post

To me, the Goldwing 1800 is truly a SPORT touring bike.
    +1

Exactly
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Concours

never had a wing.....closest is my 04 Concours and I like that bike. A lot of fun for not a lot of $. Low cost, minimal problems (other than changing the rear tire every 5k or so) plus it handles great. Still have it but prepping for sale so I can buy more farkles for my new Black deluxe, which I hope to get to ride sometime soon (enough on the snow already!).

Never owned a wing before and really had no desire….
    Currently ride a stable of bikes which include:
    2004 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600 (track bike)
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    But after a week of owning this new F6B I am starting to understand
    what all the fuss is about……
    a1scoot

My progression over the years:

2013 F6B (Goldwing) Bagger
    2011 Suzuki Hayabusa 1340 (my speed thrill and other Lady in my stable)
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT-S (worst buy ever!)
    2001 Valkyrie Interstate (I guess my first wing!)
    1985 Honda V65 Sabre (a very fun ride)
    1976 Honda 550F
    1968 Honda CB 350 (a basket bike I restored and rode till she threw a piston arm)

I've learned after my BRP (damned machine in shop every 700 miles of the 19.6k miles I owned it) experience to stay with Japanese machines and more specifically mother Honda!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Had a '97 Valk, put 30K on it.

Have had a whole bunch of bikes, decided to try the F6B mostly because it seems like once you ride off, you may never come home again!
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by 52edub View Post
    Yes and still do since I converted my Goldwing to an F6B
    What all went into your conversion? It looks really good. And I suspect I might have a conversion in my garage a lot sooner than I will a 'real' F6B.

Owned a 2003 GW, and sold it about 2 yrs later. Ive owned 25 other bikes since then, all types from cruisers to tourers and nothing excites me like the F6.