Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
Funny....I just got the bill...$2,847.00.
$1,977.00 for the ambulance, 29 miles @ $30.00 per...$870.00 in mileage fees. I guarantee I get stuck with some of this. I did the first time. I retained a lawyer today, but you don't suck blood from a stone. I'll let you know in about a year.
Goodness gracious. I've always kept an eye on your posts because we got our bikes around the same time, and I find what you post interesting.

I am sorry to hear about this. Glad you are okay. Of course, words are cheap, but please know you are in my thoughts, for real.

After the physical healing comes the mental and emotional healing. It is hard to get past such an event, forget two. I still am paranoid from a car accident when a guy pulled in front of me while I was driving my car on just the other side of a knoll and I did not see him because I was blinded by the sun and a frosty windshield. Even now, 18 months later, I keep thinking if I take my eyes off the road for a millisecond there will be a car all of a sudden in front of me. I hit him going about 45 and he was going about 10-15.

Does Mass have PIP for motorcycle insurance? NY does and that would cover the ambulance ride and hospital stay, at least until liability gets determined. Do you have health insurance to pick up when your vehicle policy is exhausted?