How of you guys have made the key knobs

Thread: How of you guys have made the key knobs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I also made two key knobs, one for the fuel tank lid and the other for the glove box. They are working great, and I would do it again

Made two, one for the front with a radio knob, and one for the bags with a knob from autozone that had a longer shaft for leverage. Used gorilla glue to mount and has worked just fine so far. If you use a super-glue type product be careful with the amount you use, some of them will expand a little on curing and may ooze over the edges of the knob, I had to redo the radio knob for the front because of this. Let them cure for longer than you think necessary, at least 48 hrs because they will run a little even if they look like they are done. Thought mine was done on the radio knob, put it in the cubby lock and it ran down the face of the panel and left a little "experience scar."

Usually just leave them in but when i am worried bout security just lock them up in the cubby or the bags. Would highly recommend them, if I were to loose or break would make another immediately.

I made a knob for the cubby lock with a stock knob, a Honda key purchased at radio shack and 24-hour two-part epoxy I already had for making model boats. I bought two knobs and keys to have spares for the inevitable screwup, but I got it perfect the first time. Very sturdy. I love having it. Makes getting into the cubby fast and easy. I wouldn't have the patience to use the ignition key every time.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

I made one for my '98 Valkyrie...which will help fund the purchase of an F6B
    Attachment 15261

Two years ago ; made two with radio knobs and JB weld. A must have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Made 2, one for the cubby and one for the bags. Got the knobs from radio shack and key blanks from Loews. Keys work great and I like that they won't start the bike.

I have Honda knobs JB welded to AXXIS plus 27R key from Home Depot.
    One went to cubby lock and the other to the saddlebag locks.
    I also used the same key JB welded with a chrome license plate bolt cover.
    I use that for the gas door.
    I remove the cubby key when going in somewhere as I keep my gun in there.