Arsenal of Democracy - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal of Democracy

shooter
    53 I have never encountered anyone like Limo in my life. He is so full of himself and full of shyt that it blows my mind. The only thing that comes out is useless drivel. Most of the time it doesn't even make sense or relate to the subject at hand. I now have him on ignore. No matter if you say black he will say white , you say hot he will say cold. Its maddening. They probably kicked him out of his previous country.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    53 I have never encountered anyone like Limo in my life. He is so full of himself and full of shyt that it blows my mind. The only thing that comes out is useless drivel. Most of the time it doesn't even make sense or relate to the subject at hand. I now have him on ignore. No matter if you say black he will say white , you say hot he will say cold. Its maddening. They probably kicked him out of his previous country.
    Spot on shooter & 53driver I'm just setting here Sorry, this thread is just to easy to so I woun't.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    Don't hold back Larry. A useful comment would be helpful. Some of Limo's stuff I read 3 times and it still don't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Don't hold back Larry. A useful comment would be helpful. Some of Limo's stuff I read 3 times and it still don't make sense.
    One can distill Limo's musings down to a fairly simple theme: The US is bad (or stupid?), and if we'd all just think peaceful thoughts then there would be no more need for bombs, guns or disagreement. You guys have nailed it and called him on it. The world is far more complicated than he makes it out, and the US's obligations world-wide are vastly more complex than he seems to understand. More so than I understand on the whole, if I am honest. I commend you for your patience.

As has been written here, I don't like hearing the 'love it or leave it' talk. Instead I usually just point folks to the voting booth. If you don't like it, then change it. With some, however, hearing talk of this kind and severity makes me wonder why they stay. If I found myself someplace I didn't like or respect, I'd likely leave. I sure as hell wouldn't lecture those who did like it there about why they should be ashamed of themselves.

For the record, I think it would be safe to assert that there are no US troops in the oil fields of Saudi Arabia. Those guys are kinda sensitive to outsiders getting into their business.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Les, your views make a lot of assumptions and are quite conspiratory, with the USA always cast as the bad guy. The whole bit about everything being about oil is a favorite old line of the nutjobs; if America wanted the oil so bad, we'd just take it. But is that what we do? (no)

How about seeing the positives and giving the benefit of the doubt to this country... the one you chose to come to? It's impolite to take a shit in the house of your hosts.
    You know what they say about mud-wrestling with a pig......

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    You know what they say about mud-wrestling with a pig......
    I was thinking that too.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I was thinking that too.....
    +2

So Limoles is one to assume with all the links you have provided you believe that the U.S. is and has been the only country to currently commit atrocities against others or throughout its history? Or is it your way justifying your myopic, lopsided view of this country?
    Man's inhumanity to man has been going on since he climbed down from the trees and walked across Africa, it is only in the 20th century humans have developed the ability to wipe out all life on earth with the push of a button. The U.S. helped stop a world war with this knowledge and has never used it again. Now in your self moralistic views opine nothing other than web links which as everyone knows "everything on the web is 100% true and must be believed as the gospel"
    I challenge you to write a subjective paper expressing your reasons why the U.S. is not the greatest country in the world and who you feel is.
    Is the U.S perfect? NO, but show me one that is or even comes close to its compassion, giving nature and over all respect for human life and dignity for all.

Respectfully,
    Larry Royal

+1 BIGLRY
    Ken (Hornblower)