Seat options
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat options

Seat options

I think Ultimate seats are great, have one on a VTX 1800 and it solved all sore butt problems. I have tried/looked at them for my F6B and keep getting pointed to try out one on a Gold Wing. GWs do not have near the room that my F6B offers and I feel cramped even with the King seat installed. I sit on the incline of this stock seat which looks to be about the same room offered by the King as it does not have the incline I now set on. So really no room improvement. Even feels smaller than my F6B stock seat when the King is mounted on a GW and have not tried one on a F6B. The stock is not that bad but feel it could be better. Looking at other brands I do not think any have the good looks of Ultimate or even stock and I don't want to give up my stock unit to have it reworked anyway. Finding a used seat and doing some experimenting with a local upholstery shop might be my only option. For over 6 bills I want more room, more comfort and good looks. I may be wanting too much. If you have a damaged seat I would be interested if the pan is OK.

Many people don't like them and talk bad about them, but while I was in Daytona, I went by Corbin office and they custom designed a seat for my Valkyrie. I got the Gunfighter with distressed leather in the seat with diamond stich, CF panels on the side, they moved me back and up and added wings on the side (kind of like the Russell Day Long) all for the price of a stock seat right out of the warehouse--- $453 delivered to my house 2 1/2 weeks later.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate king

If i catch you correct you tried a ultimate goldwing seat. I have the king for my f6b and love it. The stock seat is sealed and doesn't breathe. On a hot day it was sweaty. The king is great but plan on a taller shield, my 6'1 frame must have a 16 inch klockwerks and I modded it to go up another inch on long trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    If i catch you correct you tried a ultimate goldwing seat. I have the king for my f6b and love it. The stock seat is sealed and doesn't breathe. On a hot day it was sweaty. The king is great but plan on a taller shield, my 6'1 frame must have a 16 inch klockwerks and I modded it to go up another inch on long trips.
    They are telling me the GW and F6B seats are the same. It also measures about the same as the stock seat for rearward room (that is how far back you can sit). Wish I was close enough to you to throw a leg over your seat. Sounds like you are telling me it moves you taller? Guess I'll find out about sweaty this summer. Got the bike in December so no hot weather yet. Thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    They are telling me the GW and F6B seats are the same. It also measures about the same as the stock seat for rearward room (that is how far back you can sit). Wish I was close enough to you to throw a leg over your seat. Sounds like you are telling me it moves you taller? Guess I'll find out about sweaty this summer. Got the bike in December so no hot weather yet. Thanks for your response.
    I don't know who "they" are, but the GL1800 and the F6B saddles are very much different. I can't set on a GL saddle comfortably(to small) with my 6'5" 36" inseam sized frame, but can set for a short while on the F6B saddle, but it is still to low for me and why I use and promote the custom made Russel Day-Long as the one and only saddle for my tender ass.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I don't know who "they" are, but the GL1800 and the F6B saddles are very much different. I can't set on a GL saddle comfortably(to small) with my 6'5" 36" inseam sized frame, but can set for a short while on the F6B saddle, but it is still to low for me and why I use and promote the custom made Russel Day-Long as the one and only saddle for my tender ass.
    Ditto on the RDL

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Ditto on the RDL
    RDL all the way. Don't waste your money experimenting!

OK I understand the RDL is the seat I may need. If in leather and ultra support with shipping we are talking over $1100. Plus I lose my stock seat.

RDL

Worth the loss for a short time. A ride in is possibly another option if you can spare the time. Get the RDL and never look back.
    NMRed
    IBA# 63255

rudymsmith

great deal

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Many people don't like them and talk bad about them, but while I was in Daytona, I went by Corbin office and they custom designed a seat for my Valkyrie. I got the Gunfighter with distressed leather in the seat with diamond stich, CF panels on the side, they moved me back and up and added wings on the side (kind of like the Russell Day Long) all for the price of a stock seat right out of the warehouse--- $453 delivered to my house 2 1/2 weeks later.
    I'd love to see a pic - but right now we all know the answer to that