Power commander for F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power commander for F6B

Power commander for F6B

I found this last night, and wanted some input. Looks like we can eliminate the top end, and rev limiters, as well as increase Horsepower. Anyone have it? Thoughts????
    http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...r%20V&notes=40

I doubt you would get much out of it as the engine is just too mild. Plus you would need to make it breath and exhaust better. I am watching the work on reprogramming of the ECU on the GL1800 forum for better running.

OK

Quote Originally Posted by 52edub View Post
    I doubt you would get much out of it as the engine is just too mild. Plus you would need to make it breath and exhaust better. I am watching the work on reprogramming of the ECU on the GL1800 forum for better running.
    Keep us up to date on what you find out / learn please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    I found this last night, and wanted some input. Looks like we can eliminate the top end, and rev limiters, as well as increase Horsepower. Anyone have it? Thoughts????
    http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...r%20V&notes=40
    Hi Ya Charlotte rider, Your not too far down the road from me. Flowing the exhaust and air filter does more than any thing else. I would not want to appear at a Honda shop with an engine warranty issue with a Power Commander. Just my two cents. Maybe see you at Morrow Mountain State Park some Sunday? Late lunch at Jay's Seafood Buffet?
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Hey Slayer, Had to Google Advance NC. Yea i'm on the path for opening up the intake and exhaust, I'ts riding time, and i just don't want to open up the air box, 3+ hours in is not that appealing to me. might just wait until the fall. I came from Harley and the Power commander really opened up the v-twin. although we added an arlen ness big sucker and V/H pipes at the same time. My main gripe is i keep hitting the rev limit in first and second all the time. I have hit the top speed limit twice, but that was in backwoods Texas. Can't do that here.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 52edub View Post
    Yep.

Preliminary results are 'decent'. At $375, it would be far less expensive than the PC set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    Hey Slayer, Had to Google Advance NC. Yea i'm on the path for opening up the intake and exhaust, I'ts riding time, and i just don't want to open up the air box, 3+ hours in is not that appealing to me. might just wait until the fall. I came from Harley and the Power commander really opened up the v-twin. although we added an arlen ness big sucker and V/H pipes at the same time. My main gripe is i keep hitting the rev limit in first and second all the time. I have hit the top speed limit twice, but that was in backwoods Texas. Can't do that here.
    This is nbr 3 GL1800 and nbr 1 was at 167,000 with open exhaust standard airbox. 42 MPG and 35 pulling bunkhouse trailer. Nbr 2 killed by Deer at 20.000 mi. Nbr 3 an F6B at 8,400 and running strong. Mileage appears a bit better, may be 62 lbs lighter and I also trimmed 50 lbs. Been said if you want your motorcycle to handle ( perform ) better, take some weight off. Nice thing it does not cost anything, rather that eating good food in place of fast food. See Ya.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

I do have the loopZ cobras and K&N hmmm I wonder?
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

I used all of the Power Commander stuff on my Yamahas.

I personally have yet to see an a/f ratio chart on any of the sites for Goldwings nor on google. So as others stated, as far as making its best power, you already know it takes good airflow in and out and an a/f ratio that makes power. I did call Power Commander on this new unit and it does not have the rev-extender as of yet. But, I also have another email out there to the [stock ECU reflash guy], that I found info on as stated above by another member on another forum.

Its really hard to let that "ole hot-rod blood" go away, so now I try to gather info for others to use for themselves. This bike runs like a raped ape already, for me it satisfies my thirst for that rush of power at any throttle position at any speed and in any gear. With that satisfaction of this bike in stock form, I choose to leave it be or go big (turbo).

Gio at Blacksmith Motors has an F6B in his hands for one year. Blacksmith is in the works of putting a turbo on that bike, at least that was the last word. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe they will get into a good exhaust system and maybe some cold air intake.

Heck, don't forget a pro rider ran 11.84 seconds at 111mph on this bike STOCK it boogies
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

More power

There is a 1800 turbo bike out their it is about 4 or 5 since it was built,
    google turbo charge 1800 Goldwing and it is on YouTube.