RIP, 2wheelsforme (Mike Owen)

Thread: RIP, 2wheelsforme (Mike Owen)

RIP, 2wheelsforme (Mike Owen)

Just got back from the 3rd annual No Frills Rally with some sad news. As we were getting ready to roll out on Wednesday, Mike Owen suffered a heart attack and could not be revived. Mike attended the 2018 F6B rally in Cortez, CO, last year's No Frills rally in Arkansas, and this year's event in CO/UT/AZ. He was always a lot of fun, and a guy who rode his B like a dual sport at times! We'll miss him.

His obituary:

https://www.pnj.com/obituaries/pnj071641

And a pic I took of him on Monday, at Dead Horse Point in UT.

May you RIP Mr. Owen.

Mike will be greatly missed by all who knew him. I also met him for the first time at the 2018 F6B Rally in Cortez. Mike, Jeff and I made couple of rides without the rest of the group and formed a bond that grew into a great friendship. Our group expanded over the following years to what it was on the ride this year when we lost Mike. He was a guy who did everything with enthusiasm and never had a cross word for anyone. The morning he passed he was telling all of us how much he was looking forward to visiting Zion and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon that day.

My sincerest condolences to his wife Karen and his family. Mike was a great guy and I will miss him.

Sad news. A very popular name in the forum.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Rest in peace Mike. My condolences to his wife Karen and the rest of his/her family, and to all that known him.

I was looking back on his posts here. Seems he had participated in the last 2020 F6B Rally in Franklin, NC. I'm been sitting here trying to remember him at that Rally; I been going through some pic's and video's. Will post one of him if I can find it.

We all are so mortal and all have expiration dates planned for us. Enjoy life to the fullest.
    Last edited by willtill; 09-19-2022 at 05:08 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Very sad to hear. I reached out to Mike after I had bought my F6B seeing him on the forum and living so close to me. Nice guy and loved to ride. He lead me on a couple spirited rides around the area. I'd call him a time or two with early questions about the B; Always helpful. I'm out of town as I type this and will miss the service. I'd ride Stinger over to it if I was home. Thanks for posting as I would have found out much later most likely. RIP Mike

Mike's ride.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FarsideF6B; 09-19-2022 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Tried to fix picture upside down. Don't know why?

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Very sad to hear. I reached out to Mike after I had bought my F6B seeing him on the forum and living so close to me. Nice guy and loved to ride. He lead me on a couple spirited rides around the area. I'd call him a time or two with early questions about the B; Always helpful. I'm out of town as I type this and will miss the service. I'd ride Stinger over to it if I was home. Thanks for posting as I would have found out much later most likely. RIP Mike

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Very sad to hear. Nice to read such a warm and heartfelt tribute. All my love and condolences to his friends and family.

Very sad to hear, I was at the Cortez Rally and met him there.