Dark Side question - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Side question

Man o Man, I been there asked and read and read, and read. What I can tell you is unless you try it you wont get it and that's a fact.

I love it, but may not be for every body. I ride as hard when I want to as anyone I know. I have also seen first hand most (not all) of those that will tell you you will burst into flames for even considering such a horrid act are mainly those that have never tried it.

shooter
    I think some people think that when you come to the first corner the bike won't turn and you will wreck. Remember how people used to think the earth was flat? I ride as hard as anyone when I'm solo I have no problem dragging the mini boards. Riding two up my brother in laws always ask me to lead and set the pace. Course those Harleys are slow. I am sure that a CT is not for Moto GP but it is great on the B. Not saying you should try it. Just don't be afraid of the unknown.

Corners and turns felt great to me on the CT, I need more time to get comfortable with the straight line handling of it. With all that tread on the ground you feel everything!

Here is a good article citing experts in the field regarding putting car tires on motorcycles. Like I said, I don't care what tire you run. I may eventually put a car tire on my F6B to save some money, but have no illusions that the bike will handle as good or the same. It will handle differently and most folks that have switched will admit that the bike felt different at first until they got use to it. Better or worse is all subjective. That being said, there is a reason why racing bikes don't run with car tires.

http://www.ridermagazine.com/browse-...torcycles.htm/

At the risk of being over the top.... how can ANYONE say they like or do't like something until they have had the experience... The opine did not start this to hear fire and brimstone but to here from like minded people.... It is a good thing most are not against BJ's w/o experiencing one yet....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    At the risk of being over the top.... how can ANYONE say they like or do't like something until they have had the experience... The opine did not start this to hear fire and brimstone but to here from like minded people.... It is a good thing most are not against BJ's w/o experiencing one yet....
    There are always at least two sides to any story and if the only opinions put forth were from those that have car tires on their motorcycles then the full story would not be told. An informed opinion requires hearing different sides. There are plenty of well researched articles on the subject and should be at least looked at before making a decision. As I said, I'm not for or against, just wanting all information to be represented.

Worried about what a sidewall can handle?

Yes Sir, there are three sides to every story.... again the opine was asking from people who tried it and liked it...

I would like to see this thread answered.... not not start another thread where everybody's gonna die....just sayin!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    There are always at least two sides to any story and if the only opinions put forth were from those that have car tires on their motorcycles then the full story would not be told. An informed opinion requires hearing different sides. There are plenty of well researched articles on the subject and should be at least looked at before making a decision. As I said, I'm not for or against, just wanting all information to be represented.
    The true story (i.e both sides) can only be told by two subsets of people #1 - Folks who have tried it and liked it. #2 - Folks who have tried it and disliked it.

The problem with you (or me, for that matter), or most of the authors of the articles floating around, is that we have nothing to offer to the story as we have no first hand data. To come in and say "It won't be as good!" is foolish, it would also be equally foolish to say "It will be better!", without having tried it to know.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    The true story (i.e both sides) can only be told by two subsets of people #1 - Folks who have tried it and liked it. #2 - Folks who have tried it and disliked it.

The problem with you (or me, for that matter), or most of the authors of the articles floating around, is that we have nothing to offer to the story as we have no first hand data. To come in and say "It won't be as good!" is foolish, it would also be equally foolish to say "It will be better!", without having tried it to know.
    I don't need to get shot by a gun to know it's going to feel different than getting cut by a knife. I've spoken to a few people that have car tires on their bikes and all of them say it feels different than when they had a motorcycle tire on the bike. Whether its better or worse is obviously going to be up to the individual owner.

There is at least one thread floating around this forum where a guy has a car tire on his F6B and doesn't understand why the bike handles like crap. It works for some and not for others. That is my main point.