Windscreen and passenger buffeting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windscreen and passenger buffeting

Windscreen and passenger buffeting

Hey again,

I've got the 2015 Deluxe with the Honda Tall windscreen and my low-time riding wife said she experienced alot of wind buffeting, will at taller windscreen help significantly or could she just be not used to it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DocF6B View Post
    Hey again,

I've got the 2015 Deluxe with the Honda Tall windscreen and my low-time riding wife said she experienced alot of wind buffeting, will at taller windscreen help significantly or could she just be not used to it?

Thanks
    Sometimes a shorter screen will solve the problem.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

take a serious look at Bagger Shield

They have very versatile tall windshields

Sometimes, it's not necessarily the windshield causing all the buffeting. I have 6 different helmets, from halfs, to full face, and get different buffeting on each one. Do you also have the stock seat or an aftermarket seat? Some seats put the passenger up a bit higher than the stock seat. Just a few ideas to consider. I never rode on the back of the 6, so, maybe I don't know what the h--- I'm talking about.

As said, sometimes a larger shield will cause buffeting issues.
    Look at it this way.... the larger the shield the bigger hole you are punching thru the air. Now there has to be more air to rush in to fill that large hole. You may need a tall shield OR just a wide shield. And sometimes going smaller will allow smoother flow. There is no magic size for everyone.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

My wife says the Baker hand wings make a difference---of course I run the stock shield with a MRA spoiler mounted. I get more air but less buffeting. As stated, other things make a difference. With my bikes with NO shield, different sunglasses vary the noise and air. Aero stuff is very complicated and small things make a big difference. That is why auto makers have and spend lots of money on wind tunnels.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wind bender and MRA together has really helped me

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    My wife says the Baker hand wings make a difference---of course I run the stock shield with a MRA spoiler mounted. I get more air but less buffeting. As stated, other things make a difference. With my bikes with NO shield, different sunglasses vary the noise and air. Aero stuff is very complicated and small things make a big difference. That is why auto makers have and spend lots of money on wind tunnels.
    I put a "WindBender" on mine, then added a MRA extention,, It is NO taller,, But PUNCHES thru the air better,, It seams to have less affect on the air coming around the sides of the windscreen,,The Idea is, the wind does not collapse when it goes over the top, or around the sides, because there is a LARGE amount of air coming between the TWO(three) windscreens,,(Madstad is another Brand)KennyU,seattle.

I'm currently riding with the Honda tall screen and found the mirror wings help reduce the buffeting quite a bit along with adjusting the vent to suit the conditions.
    2013 F6B in black of course

You married guys just admit it! You install some of those windscreens just to blow her off your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    You married guys just admit it! You install some of those windscreens just to blow her off your back.
    That's why I installed the Smuggler Trunk.....She never gets on!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce