Bird Crap and "Crappy" Paint

Thread: Bird Crap and "Crappy" Paint

IamBatmanF6B

Bird Crap and "Crappy" Paint

So I had the F6B outside of the garage today with the front end facing my garage and I look out and see the biggest splatter of bird crap on the front nose. I went and done some other things and about 20 minutes later grabbed a microfiber cloth and some Mothers quick detailer. I wiped off the crap and there was a nice permanent stain in the clear coat!! I ended up having to buff the spot out with 3M rubbing compound. I am not so happy with the quality of the paint/clear coat!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBatmanF6B View Post
    So I had the F6B outside of the garage today with the front end facing my garage and I look out and see the biggest splatter of bird crap on the front nose. I went and done some other things and about 20 minutes later grabbed a microfiber cloth and some Mothers quick detailer. I wiped off the crap and there was a nice permanent stain in the clear coat!! I ended up having to buff the spot out with 3M rubbing compound. I am not so happy with the quality of the paint/clear coat!
    Regretfully, there is no clear-coat on the paint. This is "green" environmentally friendly water-based paint that is supposed make the world last longer. They forget that the energy and double work to remedy this CRAPPY "green" product puts out twice as many carbon deposits and ends up costing all of us more money! If they had just used the good paint or applied a clear-coat, we would not be discussing this. Just my opinion.

IamBatmanF6B
    I guess that is THE one and only thing my Street Glide has on this F6B................................better paint. Even thou it is a water base paint it should still have a clear coat which is water base as well. I guess I should have spent $34,000.00 on that CVO Road Glide because it had better and prettier paint.................not really!

Bottom line the only real fix for the crap paint on these bikes is a new paint job.I wiil be amazed if Honda does anything for this problem and my local dealer really has done nothing for me except the Honda corperate response to them to apply 3M finess and Honda wax!!
    I love this bike to much to make this a deal killer so I will save my mula and get a nice custom paint job in the future.Until then I guess I will learn to love to polish my baby!!

Last night I finally decided to pull off the Honda letters front and rear for a smoother look and now it really looks bad. How can I fix it? It's all swirled and I can see the "impression" of the letters on the paint where the sticky stuff was holding the letters.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Last night I finally decided to pull off the Honda letters front and rear for a smoother look and now it really looks bad. How can I fix it? It's all swirled and I can see the "impression" of the letters on the paint where the sticky stuff was holding the letters.
    I used "goof off" number 2, it's the one that's safe for plastic to remove the residue. Then I used my Zanio products and got it looking ok but not great. A top of the line non-abrasive swirl mark remover will help a little. I got the outline off no problem but my bike hadn't been in the sun even a minute when I took them off. You can see some small scratch marks around the area because of the stupid dealer who decided to be nice and remove most of them for me. They scratched it up, I could have killed them for doing that!

I bought some Scratch X on my way home today. I'll try it in the morning and see what happens.