Black Ergo III's!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Ergo III's!

Black Ergo III's!

I've had my eye on these for a while and finally bit the bullet and ordered them. I hope to get them on the bike this weekend and from just looking at the parts, I love the way the black looks. Hopefully this picture holds folks over for now.

- Bill

Attachment 6842

Automatic lift technology? Are the arms spring loaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Automatic lift technology? Are the arms spring loaded?
    Yep, they extend down when your feet are on them and then rise up out of the way when you're not.

- Bill

Kind of neat I suppose. Seems like it be hard to get your feet back on them while riding if they raise up like that. +1 for your name too, btw.

Kind of neat I suppose. Seems like it be hard to get your feet back on them while riding if they raise up like that. +1 for your name too, btw.
    They only raise up a few inches, just enough to keep them from dragging. The arms on mine are parellel with the with the ground and when you put your feet on them they go down.

I've been running the Ergo lll for about 2,000 miles and love them. Once you get them adjusted and there is a lot of adjustability to them, you will find it is no problem to get your feet back on them when up. I like that they can't touch the ground no matter how far I lean when they are up(all in the adjustments). Although I had drug them when down and not paying attention, but after putting my RDL saddle on with its 3" up and 4" back over the OEM saddle I re-adjusted them and no longer have a clearance problem when in a steep lean and my feet on them.
    I will be powder coating the mini wings matt black soon as I don't like the shinny black paint they came with. I bought the Ergo lll adapter kit from a fellow forum member who had already done a nice powder coat in matt black so I only need to do the mini wings. I had the Ergo ll, but did not like them being hung down all the time and there was not the amount of adjustability I wanted for my size 16 boot.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

... +1 for your name too, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I've been running the Ergo lll for about 2,000 miles and love them. Once you get them adjusted and there is a lot of adjustability to them, you will find it is no problem to get your feet back on them when up. I like that they can't touch the ground no matter how far I lean when they are up(all in the adjustments). Although I had drug them when down and not paying attention, but after putting my RDL saddle on with its 3" up and 4" back over the OEM saddle I re-adjusted them and no longer have a clearance problem when in a steep lean and my feet on them.
    I will be powder coating the mini wings matt black soon as I don't like the shinny black paint they came with. I bought the Ergo lll adapter kit from a fellow forum member who had already done a nice powder coat in matt black so I only need to do the mini wings. I had the Ergo ll, but did not like them being hung down all the time and there was not the amount of adjustability I wanted for my size 16 boot.
    Size 15 here so adjustability is important.

- Bill

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Been contemplating the Ergo 3's,,, (Currently have no h-way pegs) Fold up design does look like it's advantageous...

I got stubby legs,,, Any idea if the 3's arms come back any closer to the rider than the 2's?

If they come out with a black set of 3's w/mini-boards,,,, I'm afraid my 'resistance' will be futile!!!

I have the Ergo iii upgrade Kit for Ergo II's. Did not fit me. I have long legs. They were to close for me. Will make someone a good deal on them. They are chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Been contemplating the Ergo 3's,,, (Currently have no h-way pegs) Fold up design does look like it's advantageous...

I got stubby legs,,, Any idea if the 3's arms come back any closer to the rider than the 2's?

If they come out with a black set of 3's w/mini-boards,,,, I'm afraid my 'resistance' will be futile!!!

I'm not sure how they compare to the IIs but the arms are adjustable based on leg length.

- Bill