I had a 2000 BMW K1200LT, black of course, for several years. Sold it a while ago with over 80,000 miles on it. I really loved that bike. It was fast, smooth, I would leave my Goldwing buddies in the curves. It had a much better stereo at the time than GW, better cruise control (I really liked that it was on the left handlebar, that way you can really relax your right hand and adjust speed with left), much better suspension ( and in my opinion still better than F6B). It was very comfortable, I did many 500+ mile days with stock seat and only added driver backrest. I used j-pegs and LT's fairing didn't open my legs as wide as GW does.

Service wise it was dead reliable, never a hitch, never left me on the side of the road. My nearest BMW dealer is 120 miles away, but I only went there for when LT had to be hooked on a computer to check for whatever. Tire changes, brake pads, oil changes were done at my local shop just fine.

So, I had a great experience with my LT. It was also a looker - I sold it to a gentleman I met on ferry in Florida on my way from Daytona Bikeweek, he offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Then I decided to replace it. I almost bought a newer LT, but as a rule I don't buy the same bike twice, I like to experience different rides. So I bought a 2007 Goldwing next. I thought it would be a great choice, BMW stopped making LT's and never replaced them. New GTL is not a replacement for LT, it is more of a sport tourer, not luxury tourer (LT). More sporty but less comfortable, no reverse and I don't like the look of trunk, seems like an after thought.

But I never really liked the GW. I missed the handling, less weight, better cruise, looks (to me) etc.
After test riding a new F6B I bought it on the spot. I feel like I found a great replacement for my LT, even the Rivco folding pegs remind me of j-pegs I had on LT! I do miss the power windshield, but until they come out with a tinted power one I'll stick with Baggershield, just love the blacked out look!