Obama's Legacy - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Legacy

Perhaps those of us who have made comments on this Obama Legacy issue, including myself, should take a "deep breath" relax for a while and wait and see what takes place in the country during the next year or so...Right now most of us are very opinionated and want to share our likes or did-likes on the past and the future...Many have posted some sensible questions and comments, some not so good, but I for one have decided to just "wait and see"....Regards and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Sorry, that was meant to be more or less tongue in cheek, but as a moderator of one of the busiest motorcycle forums on the internet (in the early days of motorcycle forums in the late 90's) I've done my share of kicking abusive idiots off of that forum, and well, I'm kinda new here, and seeing as how I'm an Obama supporter and the mods here appear to be Trump supporters, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions (like in the movie "Office Space" LOL) and am unsure what, if anything, might get someone banned/gagged/whatever. Anyway, sometimes I say things in a somewhat snarky way & people are unsure of how to take it (therefore my affinity to using lots of emoticons)
    If you follow these basic rules, you'll be fine:
    1. No personal attacks (calling the group m-fers counts as 'personal')
    2. No attacks on a member's family
    3. No attacks on a member's motorcycle (part of the family, in my world)
    4. Act your age, not your shoe size

So basically, you have to consciously type a specific attack, and which if when reread a few times you would take umbrage if it was aimed at yourself, pretty much delete it and try again.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Perhaps those of us who have made comments on this Obama Legacy issue, including myself, should take a "deep breath" relax for a while and wait and see what takes place in the country during the next year or so...Right now most of us are very opinionated and want to share our likes or did-likes on the past and the future...Many have posted some sensible questions and comments, some not so good, but I for one have decided to just "wait and see"....Regards and ride safe
    It will tale longer than a year or so Opas... the Democrats are going to try to stall and thwart Trump's/the Republican's agenda at every turn in the road.

Bet on it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Nobody has been booted for expressing their opinion D. Believing so and stating that threat is ignorance on your part. Now, many have punched out of their flaming aircraft because they weren't happy they could not sway some other members from their dissenting viewpoints. That's their problem. Nobody gets booted.
    They even let boorish, assholes like me play here.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    the Democrats are going to try to stall and thwart the Republican's agenda at every turn in the road.

Bet on it.
    Gee, we've never witnessed anything like that over the past 8 years, have we?

Apparently not enough. That's how we got Obomination Care, spineless Republicans.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    spineless Republicans.
    That may be the most accurate statement you've made yet! There were 16 of them standing on a stage together just a year ago!

I don't know about you, but I'm laughing!

seeing as how I'm an Obama supporter and the mods here appear to be Trump supporters, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions (like in the movie "Office Space" LOL) and am unsure what, if anything, might get someone banned/gagged/whatever.
    Welcome and thanks for sharing your opinions. I found that particular section you wrote interesting, because the difference I see today between liberals and conservatives is the level of free speech each side affords one another. Safe spaces, microaggressions, trigger warnings come exclusively from the left. To me it's sad that the thought even crossed your mind that you might be punished for thinking differently than the moderators on an Off Topic forum. Part of the reason Trump won, I think, is because of the constant, stifling attacks on free speech from Academia, Hollywood, and government.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    For a nation that is not racist, when will there be an all female presidential ballot?
    Nikki Haley/Condi Rice? Which two Relublicans would you vote for?