salty roads - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: salty roads

27c in Canberra today, think I'll go for a ride.

Sorry

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    14 years old girl comes back home from night out and awaited mother immediately asked :
    - Did you have sex with any boy ?
    No Mommy , but John showed me only his wewe .
    - So , tell me now . Did he have impressive size ?
    I don't know Mom , but I can tell you - it was very salty .
    I am fairly open minded and surely not a "prude" but this is a little heavy for this board in my opinion...Being the father of daughters and having 11 Granddaughters I really did not appreciate this kind of humor on this open board....Sorry, not meant to offend just stating how I felt about this posting!!!

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am fairly open minded and surely not a "prude" but this is a little heavy for this board in my opinion...Being the father of daughters and having 11 Granddaughters I really did not appreciate this kind of humor on this open board....Sorry, not meant to offend just stating how I felt about this posting!!!
    I think you make a valid point Opas. We should be able to make our fun a little cleaner. Most of us have kids. It don't have to be G rated but it dont have to be R rated either.

Cool

Fla_rider beat me to it...... tasting salt......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I think you make a valid point Opas. We should be able to make our fun a little cleaner. Most of us have kids. It don't have to be G rated but it dont have to be R rated either.
    +1
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

In 1973 I rode my BMW right through the winter months. The salt usage was less in those days but the bike ended up quite damaged. The wheel bearings failed and the exposed aluminum, which was pretty much everything not painted, was irreversibly etched and pitted. Numerous other small parts rusted and the control cables were shot. Our roads are really salty right now so even though it will be a very premature 50-60 degrees this week the bikes are not coming out until it rains hard a couple of times. The salt damage is just not worth the trade off for an early ride.

I agree

I brought the bike to Norfolk from Southern MD, near Pax Naval Station. The yard was covered in snow and ice, so I had to get the plywood out and make a moving road up to the street. Once I did that, I got about 300 miles in! I washed and waxed it today to fight the salt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

To Opas & Shooter

It wasn't a joke or fictional story , but authentic fragment of Monica Lewinsky's memoirs from her early age recalls, whose autobiography is publicly available in her book "Shame and Survival" . Bill Clinton , scrutinized by nation for his scandal , left dirty stain on the American reputation and his office . I'm sure , that all adults and teenagers from any backgrounds were familiar with this story , unless hypocritically separated from the real world . However , to those who found themselves abashed , or got offended , my apology for printing it shall apply . There is to much salt anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    I brought the bike to Norfolk from Southern MD, near Pax Naval Station. The yard was covered in snow and ice, so I had to get the plywood out and make a moving road up to the street. Once I did that, I got about 300 miles in! I washed and waxed it today to fight the salt.
    Now thats dedication