New F6B Rider - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New F6B Rider

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Seadog here, Just thought I would jump in and introduce myself, I am a retired trucker that just likes motorcycles and am in the process of purchasing a 2015 Silver F6B Deluxe. I traded in the war horse, a Red Suzuki Boulevard M109R for something with a lot more comfort and the ability to not beat you up so bad. I liked the M109R but after 300 miles I was just whipped from wind and ride and I am not getting any younger. Turning 66 years old in May this year and am looking forward to a nice smooth machine. I live in Cadillac, Michigan
    Welcome to a great bike..I am in Michigan and retired from Ford. Got my bike a while back at Central Motorsports in Mt.Pleasant. Ride up by Cadillac occasionally..Perhaps we could "hook-up" later in year for a little ride...You will love the F6B, but a taller windshield will be something you want to check out...I have the 11"-19" Baggershield and it works great, no wind noise or turbulence and very quiet...Rice safe....

Welcome from AZ. Another trucker here about 20 years behind you for retirement.

Welcome from Oregon!

windshield

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    You will love the F6B - but order a windshield NOW. I'm 65, ridden fully faired BMW's for the past 15 years and was not used to the wind when I got my F6B last year. First aftermarket purchase was a 13" shield from C. Baily, but there are many good products out there. If you don't want to be beat up from the wind, replace the shield.

Ride safe.
    I already told the dealer to take off that 10 cent windshield and put a two piece Bagger shield on it. I had a tall windshield on my M109R and am to old to change my diet to eating bugs on the highway....

Welcome seadog!
    For smoother ride....
    1. Evaluate, procure seat to proper fit. Many find stock just fine, others like more of a "bucket" feel.
    2. Once seat is procured, get proper windshield
    3. Add lights for visibility
    4. Add farkles as required
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Turning 66 years old in May this year and am looking forward to a nice smooth machine. I live in Cadillac, Michigan

Welcome. You have made an excellent choice!

CONGRATS AND WELCOME ABOARD