Pulled the trigger, if i had only thought this through.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger, if i had only thought this through.....

Pulled the trigger, if i had only thought this through.....

So while working in phoenix yesterday I found myself with some down time, and then the rest of the week got cancelled, I had the brilliant idea to buy an F6BDeluxe and ride it back to the Carolinas. So, with the encouragement of my wife, and the sales staff at Western Honda, http://www.westernhonda.com/ we uncrated and set up my bike. Great deal, and great staff out there.

Firstly I love this bike! however, after the first 25 miles or so, I determined that the windshield is less than useless (knew it beforehand, but did not plan on this trip.), and they should have not even put it on! If the dealer had some higher windshields I would have had them put in on. My problem is now, that I need to ride 2000 miles, if anyone knows where I can stop and pick up a Show chrome adjustable windshield, somewhere in I10 I-20 from Tuscon to Charlotte, PLEASE PM ME!!! I can't handle this..

That being said, this was indeed the right move. I can't say anything bad about the dealer, just that they need more parts in stock. I showed up in business attire, They outfitted me with a jacket and helmet, and my bike went from crate to road in no time. They even helped me drop off the rental car!

For those interested, Its a fast black F6B...

My order of adds, in order of importance:
    Windshield
    cruse
    forward pegs, I like the revco

Can’t help you with the Show chrome………..but to get you home stop at any/most Honda dealer and buy a GL1800 windshield 14” above the rubber strip with a vent and when you get home I will buy it from you!!! Best offer you will get today!!! Steve, also know as Ken as that bastard,(Barbie’s boyfriend) has everything !!!! Personal joke from the Keys trip !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

and have fun with your new toy.Good luck with the windshield problem.I hope you get that fixed for your ride home.Also on buying the FASTER black F6B not that sssssssllllllllooooooowwwww red F6B
    Ride it like you stole it

if you're coming through illinois on I-80, you can stop and i can loan you one of mine (and you mail it back to me)

i have a smoke 13" & a clear 19"

steve
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Wish I was coming up there. New mexico and Texas in the near future.

If you haven't blown through Arkansas yet go to Honda of Russleville, they just might have a part or two on hand.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post
    If you haven't blown through Arkansas yet go to Honda of Russleville, they just might have a part or two on hand.
    X2. Should have oodles of the Baggershield/ShowChrome units in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    Wish I was coming up there. New mexico and Texas in the near future.
    Well, since you're asking. Any local Honda dealer can get you the OEM tall vented windshield for the F6B. Even if they have to order it it should only take a business day or two to get. It's dead simple to install. Try ordering it from a dealer that is a day away from you and by the time you get there it should be close to available.

I only suggest the OEM for you because a.) it's a great product. b.) it's easy to install using the original hardware. c.) you need something quickly no fuss no muss.

Installation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJM5OZeDZRw

Attachment 4664

Hopefully you at least bought a full face helmet.

Congrats on the Bike and being able to enjoy a long ride from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRider View Post
    Hopefully you at least bought a full face helmet.
    Actually that's the best short term solution. Good thinking.