New Bag for the Rear Seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bag for the Rear Seat

New Bag for the Rear Seat

I ride solo most of the time and like to have my clothes in a bag on the rear seat. It serves as a good backrest also. Even on my GL1800 I used an old T-bag that served me well on my Valk also. After about 200k miles it had seen its better days. I have a tube leather bag that is good on the rear seat of the B for a few days out on the road. But I needed something a little bigger for trips of a week or more. I use my left saddlebag for things I hope not to use on the road: Cold weather gear, rain gear, tools, tire plug kit and compressor, and a first-aid kit. My goal is to never open the left bag. I use my right bag for general stuff I need to access on a trip. Electronics cables, back brace, casual walking shoes, a map or two, a long sleeve shirt, my good SLR camera for scenic trips, some spray cleaner and rags, and a ball cap or two.

I did lots of research and ended up purchasing the Kuryakyn Xkursion XTR4.0. This bag retails for about $220 and is on close out sale at several places for $115...a great price. This bag is semi-rigid so it keeps its shape nicely. Heavy duty materials, a large open center area, and with side pockets and a rear pocket. Lots of zippered mesh storage pockets inside also. It fits the rear seat nicely and I think I am going to like it a lot.

If you’re looking for a bag for the rear seat you might give this one a look while they’re still available.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

How about a few pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    How about a few pics.
    Hope to get out for a ride on Wednesday and am thinking about riding with the new bag. If so, I’ll take a couple of pictures on the bike. Have the seat off right now as I’m playing around with a couple of accessories.

Nice price for that at Revzilla. Would like to see how it sits on your B.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    It fits really well and makes a very nice backrest on the longer trips where it will get a good use.

XTR4.0-1.jpg XTR4.0-2.jpg XTR4.0-3.jpg
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Unfortunately this bag did not stand up to normal use. The handle for carrying is on the zippered opening and the zipper broke on my first long trip. Do not recommend!

I use a rear seat bag as you do. I have found that the Kreiga system fits my needs real well and it's tough and waterproof. I have the US30 as the main bag and 2 US10's that can be "piggybacked" to it. The Kreiga comes with a multitude of straps for attachment to darn near any MC. I don't very often recommend products, but this is one that I'm totally on board with. Oh yeah, with this set up I can carry almost 2 weeks worth of "needs" in the Kreiga alone leaving the saddlebags for those things that stay with the bike at motels.

What about this one "https://www.vikingbags.com/cruise-co...-1452-prd1.htm". One of our group riders has been using this for two years. It has a 1220 cubic inches capacity to carry all the basic stuff including helmet and electronics. I had done a solo trip with that and It helped me a lot to carry all my stuff in a single place. Yeah, the upper shield is not waterproof but the rain cover had done its job well!

I've got a more than 10 year old Kuryakyn bag that must be a better made version of the same one you're NOT recommending. I like it for weekend trips and I also attach it to the grab rails so it sits on the rear seat. For longer trips I add this to the luggage rack.

With both bags I could be gone for month's at a time. I keep quick access stuff in the top and sides of the Kuryakyn bag. I also don't put clothes in the saddle bags since it's easier to unstrap the bag(s) and carry into the hotel.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    You may not remember me but I was at the "B" get together in Colo. a couple of years ago. The bag I had was the earlier version of the one F6Bster is talking about. Great bag
    IMG_6964.jpg