GPS - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GPS

Bluetooth on Automotive GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Do these cheaper non motorcycle gps have Bluetooth to use with a sena? I haven't seen one that did but haven't looked hard either. If not, how,do you hear it while riding?
    Even if the automotive GPS has Bluetooth, it's usually useless with a motorcycle. The ones I've seen let you pair with a phone to make hands-free calls, so BT lets the GPS become a headset substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Do these cheaper non motorcycle gps have Bluetooth to use with a sena? I haven't seen one that did but haven't looked hard either. If not, how,do you hear it while riding?
    They don't.. You don't.

Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Jimmy, I have some NEW (still in the factory sealed plastic envelopes) parts from Ram Mounts if you need them.

RAM-B-347U
    RAM-B-201U-A
    RAM-B-309-7U

And a dash quick release mount (which I believe works with a Zumo 660 without harness) Cord and dash circular plate still in bag included.

Pay for shipping $10 and it's all yours
    Is that offer good to anyone? That is the setup that will work with my Zumo 660.
    Thanks,
    Barender

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    They don't.. You don't.
    Here are some GPS/bluetooth headset ideas.

Audio and Voice Commands:

http://www.gregrice.com/2012v2/2797/garmin2797.html

Audio Only:

http://www.m-p-c.com/GPS_Bluetooth_Audio.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Jimmy, I have some NEW (still in the factory sealed plastic envelopes) parts from Ram Mounts if you need them.

RAM-B-347U
    RAM-B-201U-A
    RAM-B-309-7U

And a dash quick release mount (which I believe works with a Zumo 660 without harness) Cord and dash circular plate still in bag included.

Pay for shipping $10 and it's all yours
    Somehow I missed this, I actually did get what I needed already. If no one else want to take you up on that offer, I will, just to have extra options. Thanks.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Ram

Quote Originally Posted by barender View Post
    Is that offer good to anyone? That is the setup that will work with my Zumo 660.
    Thanks,
    Barender
    Just checking to see if you still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    So I finally just ordered a GPS after periods of indecision. I should get it Tomorrow. This is what I settled on. Will follow up with what I think. It seemed that I could spend a lot more for the motorcycle specific GPS units, but many of the features seem to duplicate functions I already use or have. Plus, you read into the reviews and many of the reviews were not that glowing. And this after spending several hundred dollars. Many of those reviews said the older GPS units like the Garmin 550 were better. Go figure...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    How is the Drive 60 working for you ? The larger screen should be more glove friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    How is the Drive 60 working for you ? The larger screen should be more glove friendly.
    Had my first real workout of the Drive 60 this last weekend with a trip to TN for an annual Veteran's Day Ride that Crazyhorse puts on. I had set up a route down and back plus a ride during the day on Saturday using Basecamp. I am very pleased and the 6" display does work pretty well with my gloved hand, even in the rain proof case I bought that it resides in on my bike. So far no complaints.

Not a very good picture and my bike is pretty dusty after the weekend ride. Rode several miles on some back gravel roads. Lot's of fun. This will give you an idea of how it is mounted in the case onto the cross bar of my Helibars. The picture angle is deceiving. I do have full view of the bike's LCD info screen if you were wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Had my first real workout of the Drive 60 this last weekend with a trip to TN for an annual Veteran's Day Ride that Crazyhorse puts on. I had set up a route down and back plus a ride during the day on Saturday using Basecamp. I am very pleased and the 6" display does work pretty well with my gloved hand, even in the rain proof case I bought that it resides in on my bike. So far no complaints.

Not a very good picture and my bike is pretty dusty after the weekend ride. Rode several miles on some back gravel roads. Lot's of fun. This will give you an idea of how it is mounted in the case onto the cross bar of my Helibars. The picture angle is deceiving. I do have full view of the bike's LCD info screen if you were wondering.

Looks good.

Do I see additional speakers in the left and right cubbies ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Looks good.

Do I see additional speakers in the left and right cubbies ?
    Thanks and yes. Those are Hertz HMX 6.5 S speakers in pods I fabricated.