Centerstand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centerstand

Centerstand

Is the centerstand on the F6B the same as Goldwing. I know I'm older, but it a pain to get on stand

It looks the same. However, I never was able to get my GW on the stand but am able to get the F6B up with no problem.

To my understanding it's the same stand. BUT I bought a Golding stand and my F6B is a SOB to get up.

Yes it is the same stand and hardware.

Try asking about a takeoff at a trike conversion shop if you have one local.

You will need the stand, the bolts and spacers, and the spring and spring mounting stud.
    2015 matte silver F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Rickj53 View Post
    Is the centerstand on the F6B the same as Goldwing. I know I'm older, but it a pain to get on stand
    Have the wheels sitting on a piece of 1/2" plywood for each wheel. That 1/2" makes a big difference.

Rick, I'm old, AND SHORT. You are right,it's a challenge for sure. Like others said, getting the rear wheel(at least)up just a bit sure helps a lot. Since I only use the center stand in my garage for maint and cleaning, I cut a length(about 12")from a 2 x 8, drilled a small hole through it on one end and put a piece of cord through the hole. To use it I line the wood up with the center of the wheel, go forward a little, then push it the bike back up onto the 2 x 8. From that point you just use the center stand as normal. If you get the bike to the point where it is just about to go off the back edge of the 2 X 8, you can then use the cord to pull the wood out and that frees up the rear wheel so you can find the tire valve or do whatever is needed to rotate the rear wheel. After reading this, it may sound complicated or difficult, but if you take in to consideration who told you you'll realize that it isn't. After a couple of times, it will be natural.

I just installed my center stand an hour or so ago. Bought a brand new take off from a 2015 Goldwing from a trike shop for $50 with the bushings and spring. I had to buy the 3 bolts and the round spacer for the one side. Easy to install, spring is the hardest part. I have to say, it is not as hard as my 1500 wing to get up on the stand., It does seem to sit it extremely high though. If you are short, you may have issues reaching the ground when on the center stand.

I'm old but I ain't weak, and I weigh 190.. Try as I might I could not get mine up(( the F6B. that is๐Ÿ˜Ž) today. Since I have machines and welders mine is coming off and getting shortened.

Stand

I bought the lowering bracket and it came with the baker ride off stand. I put it on first and is so much easier to get up.

From the 1800 board:

Due to an injury, I had a problem deploying my center-stand. That prompted me to create the EZ-LIFT to make it easier to raise my bike without waiting for help or resorting to a crutch that isn't with me when I travel.
    The EZ-LIFT won't lift your bike for you but it makes it a lot easier. Because it extends the lever, you must be physically able to step up 10" - 12" and place your weight on your right foot. The EZ-LIFT works on all GL-1800s with stock passenger floorboards. It will work on some aftermarket floorboards if they do not extend outward much more than stock.

Installation is simple requiring only a 4mm Allen wrench to attach a bracket to the stock center-stand. To lift, simply insert the arm/foot-pedal into the bracket, no tools required. The arm can be stowed under the tool bag in the left saddle-bag so it's always with the bike when needed and takes up no usable space. All parts are professionally machined with an anodized black finish and stainless steel hardware..

With the EZ-LIFT, you keep your stock center-stand. When deployed, the rear wheel is off the ground and free to rotate for tire pressure checking or removal.

There is additional information on my web-site and orders can be placed through the site.

I ship world-wide, contact me for shipping costs to other Countries.

My warranty is simple, if you don't like it, return for a full refund of the purchase price plus return shipping.

The cost is $120.00 plus $8.00 for priority shipping within the 48 contiguous States.