Summer Heat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Heat

shooter

Summer Heat

Don't know how its going where you guys are but here in the Midwest we are having a scorcher of a summer. It started the first of June and hasn't let up yet. 95 or hotter everyday , 70% humidity and then it storms every other day. Had a new Cherokee we bought last year , actually 10 months ago. About 7 weeks ago wife drove it to work and lightning hit it while she was in it and running. Killed it. Never ran again. Insurance totalled it. This has been one of the stormiest , hottest most unsettled summer I've seen in a long time. Hope the weather is better where you guys are.

It's been nice here in western Pa. Riding almost every day now that SOMEONE went south.....
    Glad your wife is OK.
    They make new vehicles every day.

shooter
    Yeah she was parked. If she had been out of the car it probably would have killed her. Hit the roof rail on top and burned a hole right thru it. Fried all the wiring , modules and relays on the vehicle.

Dayum! Someone was looking out for her!

Damn that's some scary shite. I had a bolt hit a 40' tower I was standing next to at an airport in NOLA. Nothing but a flash and ringing ears. Thank God it had some MCM500 connected to a lightning rod. Been hot here in Houston but I have seen it much worse. Stay wet and hydrated buddy, need my steak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Stro , its been a rough year buddy. I need that week off. I'm gonna buy you the best steak that Duke can afford.

I love that guy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Me too. He's single and he's got fat pockets. Money to burn!! Me? I've got my fourth grandchild due in a few weeks. Plus , my Baby had to have a new Jeep.

I got fat, but it isn't in my pockets. You guys swelter, I pay....what math is that, common core? My summer is great so far. was low 80's today. Might hit 90 this weekend, but it won't last....sorry.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I'll back up Shooter on this as I'm right across the river. Just returned from 100+ in Utah with 2% humidity, lovely. You sweat all day but don't know it because it evaporates and does its job.
    95 degrees here in St. Louis area with 86% humidity and its just gross. Your natural cooling system simply doesn't work because the sweat doesn't evaporate.
    Rode this weekend and decided to put the stock windshield back on for a couple months if I'm gonna ride at all.