Antenna disappearance - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antenna disappearance

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Not sure if this is doable but how about you remove the antenna and replace it with a black grommet? Would not be that noticeable on a black bike
    Exactly what I did to mine. Even though my bike isn't black, it still looks OK with the grommet filling the dime-size hole in the black base. Got it from a plumbing aisle in the hardware store. Fits snug and perfect. I zip tied the antenna under the seat after removing the metal bracket.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhox View Post
    Exactly what I did to mine. Even though my bike isn't black, it still looks OK with the grommet filling the dime-size hole in the black base. Got it from a plumbing aisle in the hardware store. Fits snug and perfect. I zip tied the antenna under the seat after removing the metal bracket.
    How is the reception with the antenna under the seat or do you even use the radio?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    How is the reception with the antenna under the seat or do you even use the radio?
    There is some minor loss of reception, but I use an iPod most of the time so no problem.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

I like the idea of the grommet.

Antenna disappearance.

I unscrewed the antenna. Pulled the boot off. Took out the small bolt that holds it on. Unplugged the wire and slid the antenna inside the fender put the bolt back in so it wouldn't move and plugged it in again. Then replaced the boot and went to ACE and found a rubber bottle stopper of the right size and friction fit it in the hole on top of the boot where the antenna was formerly. Very little difference in reception.

I have not looked at this, but if the antenna screws in couldn't you get a bolt and washer paint it black and screw it in?
    Steve

I have not done anything to mine but if I was going to I would look for something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Piece-Flush-M.../dp/B00PP7XU1E
    Attachment 22400
    JAYGO