GoldWind to F6B

Thread: GoldWind to F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks guys for the advice and opinions. We have a trip planned in the second week of August 12 days from Mass down south so it will probably be the last trip on this bike. The wife is a real trooper on the back we did long distance rides on the Valkyrie Tourer and she never complained, but she is spoiled on the throne she sits on now.
    Keeping the Wing is not really and option just to keep for our one long annual trip doesn't make sense. I'm sure we can make the F6 work with some minor modifications. I'll miss the Wing but that sporty sleek looking new bike will be sweet.

Thanks again for the welcome and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    Thanks guys for the advice and opinions. We have a trip planned in the second week of August 12 days from Mass down south so it will probably be the last trip on this bike. The wife is a real trooper on the back we did long distance rides on the Valkyrie Tourer and she never complained, but she is spoiled on the throne she sits on now.
    Keeping the Wing is not really and option just to keep for our one long annual trip doesn't make sense. I'm sure we can make the F6 work with some minor modifications. I'll miss the Wing but that sporty sleek looking new bike will be sweet.

Thanks again for the welcome and advice.
    I debated a little, about just getting a Full wing, but loved the sportier look and feel of the F6B. Add to that, I bought a new 2013 seriously discounted, and it was a lot cheaper. I had the thought of buying a gently used Wing and doing one of those convert kits to remove the trunk. However, I've never had a new bike,and simply, I wanted one.
    That being said,if I had a 2006 Wing like you, I might simply look at one of those kits. Then You 'd have the best of both worlds so to speak. I know your bags are different on a 2006, but it's a thought.
    As far as passenger accommodations, I don't think you'd match what is on a full Wing, but the Honda passenger backrest (F6B) is just a butt chalk.
    I bought a standard F6B, knowing I'll be replacing the seat and buying rider and passenger backrests anyways. Ultimate seats work very well for me and my wife on the Valk,and that will most likely be the choice for the F6B.
    I was actually deciding between the new Valk( I have a 2000 Valkyrie too) and the F6B. It came down to wanting hard bags and a fairing and not enough patience to see what develops for the new Valk.