Help - Left Pocket Power Outlet not working - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help - Left Pocket Power Outlet not working

Fuse Block Pictures

Sorry about the previous post. Looks like the pics did not upload correctly. Here are the pics of the fuse box in case anyone needs them for future reference:

IMG_20150421_161908690.jpgAttachment 13358Attachment 13359
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

Thanks, Doc! That could come in handy
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    The pigtail I plugged into was 14 ga if I remember correctly---it appears to be made specificly for the power port. However, I do not know what else is on the circuit that is marked "assy".
    I can only *hope* that BikeMP3 did their homework before recommending a 10A fuse upgrade; I'm only throwing up the CAUTION sign... but I know you're already aware. No offense to you or BikeMP3 intended.

No offense taken, George. I am trying to understand why the change in fuse if there is already a 3 amp inline fuse between the plug and the fuse box. Unless the 5 amp is there because the pigtail is not in use and the other items are a low draw that are already on the circuit. I am very curious what else in use is on that same circuit.

I am guessing the other (bottom) acc fuse is for the heated grips or fog lights as I don't see it listed on the fuse panel and it is 10n amp already which sounds about right for the grips. One thing I do miss about the Victory forums is they had a ton of techs that knew this stuff inside and out and were there on the spot with an answer to all your maintenance questions.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inline fuse for 12v

Doh!!!! I plugged in an air compressor and blew the fuse for my 12v accessory plug! I checked the fuse panel and found that all of the fuses were intact. I then did a search and found this thread that mentions the inline glass fuse.

Where can I get a replacement inline fuse? Is this a dealer only item? Will I have to re-buy the whole assembly?

Also, is it necessary to remove the side trim to get the cubby out and gain access to the fuse?

Thanks!

A Real lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I guess I am the only person with these instructions?

The size of the wire is not a problem. The pigtail that plugs into the lighter is more than heavy enough. I went looking for an inline fuse and could not find it on my bike. The pigtail on mine disappears into a group of wires in a harness with no fuse to be found. I don't know.

I will say this, if you blew a fuse with just a phone plugged in, it sounds like a short somewhere. They don't pull that much current.
    Does the Big bike accessory socket come with a cig lighter element to accually light a cigarette? Just a guess but that may be why they tell you to change the fuse to a 10amp. I bought a powerlet brand , came with corect terminal for the B, but no change to fuse. Also says not to use a lighter element.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
    Doh!!!! I plugged in an air compressor and blew the fuse for my 12v accessory plug! I checked the fuse panel and found that all of the fuses were intact. I then did a search and found this thread that mentions the inline glass fuse.

Where can I get a replacement inline fuse? Is this a dealer only item? Will I have to re-buy the whole assembly?

Also, is it necessary to remove the side trim to get the cubby out and gain access to the fuse?

Thanks!
    So... has anyone ever replaced the inline 3A glass tube fuse for the OEM 12v power plug? Where can the fuse be purchased?

I replaced the fuse a few weeks ago. The fuse can be had at radioshack , or any parts store.
    2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    I replaced the fuse a few weeks ago. The fuse can be had at radioshack , or any parts store.
    Thanks!!