Cracked front fender - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cracked front fender

I also had a fender extender, "Big Bike Parts" installed at the dealer before the bike was put on the market. I unsuspectingly purchased the bike only to find that when the fender broke it is not a factory part therefore not covered under warranty. With the custom paint and both side covers it is going to cost me more than $300.00
    Needless to say that I am more than a little disappointed and the old fender extension will be put away.
    Blotar

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    My Fenda Extenda came with the double sided tape and four plastic push/pull plastic rivets. I pulled the fender off the bike and dry fitted the extend just to see how close it matched the profile of the fender which was darn near perfect. After cleaning the tire side of the fender of any dirt & contamination with an alcohol wipe, I used the supplied double sided tape to stick it all together.
    I then re-installed fender with the Extenda taped in place to again check fit & clearance. Confident all was good, I removed the fender with the extenda in place and drilled the four holes and inserted the push/pull rivets then reinstalled the fender. There was no template for drilling supplied with my Extenda, but you do get to look at the inside and outside of the fender(it is in your hand) for logical placement of the rivets and where to drill.

Tip: I put a band of masking tape across the fender where I was going to drill the holes so I could mark them and to prevent any slippage of the drill that would scratch the paint on the fender, then after drilling I removed the masking tape before installing the four push/pull rivets.

Thank you very much, BIGLRY, just the kind of info that I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I installed a 7inch fender extension from Show Chrome. And a few days later the rear of the front fender was cracked in two places. I don't know how it cracked or if the fender extension had anything to do with it. I don't plan on put the extension back on. I glued and taped the fender back together until the new fender comes.
    Attachment 9135Attachment 9136
    Same happened to me . My message to all F6B owners . DO NOT INSTALL any extentions to such weak fender . Cost of new part and questionable benefit is obvious . Simply not worth it .

Cracked fender

Fenda Exenda and yes it is spell correctly will not crack your fender
    check their web site and it is inexpensive.

Thumbs up Cracked front fender

I have had the same experience with the show chrome extender catching rocks and splitting the fender, by the time I replace it, I'll be out at least 200 dollars, lovely.

FENDER EXTENDER

This is one that I have also and have not had any problems with it cracking my fender. I have over 25K on mine now.

Fenda Extenda , the way to go
    Ken (Hornblower)

Update, I posted in this thread 10/16/14 when I only had about 5K miles my Fenda Extenda, but now after a tad over 14K miles, some in hard rain, some on sloppy, muddy dirt roads and more than a few K on rough roads, the Fenda Extenda not only does what it is supposed to do very well...keep the front of the engine cleaner, but looks kind of sharp too(I was not sure I was going to like the look at first).
    I do check the push pins for looseness and for any signs of cracks in the fender every time I clean my scoot and so far the front fender is as strong and perfict as the day I installed the Fenda Extenda to it.

IMO, One of the cheaper, but most effective mods I've done to my steel steed

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

+1
    MINES AT 29 K
    BITCH AINT CRACKED!!

Cracked front fender

Online cycle parts.com will deliver a new OEM fender for a total of $156.00, less painfull than it might have been. I've dodged alot of bullets reading the threads here on this site, but didn't think I had to research something as lo-tech as a fender extension. Thanks for the reviews on the fenda extenda, sounds like a good alternative to the Show Chrome. I'm going to contact show chrome so they know their product is breaking fenders.

I think the problem is that the extension comes within 1/8 of an inch of the front tire at the leading edge... it started making ugly noises the first day I drove out of my gravel driveway.