2016 Annual F6B Rally ?????? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Annual F6B Rally ??????

I Love It

This will be my 4th year at BBB, and I'm planning to do it again next year. Last time we stayed in Alma, which is pretty much midway between Fayetteville and Russelville, and near the south entrance to the Pig Trail. I'd definately make the hour drive over to Russelville to meet up with the group! It's beautiful country down there and there are several towns in the 'area' for accomodations. However, we do reserve our hotel abut 7-8 months in advance.

Just an FYI - I'm sure none of you fellows are beer drinkers, but Arkansas is one of those silly states where there are a bunch of dry counties. Depending on where you stay, it may be difficult to find 'refreshing beverages' locally. Knowing this, we always stop by Macadoodles on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Attachment 16379

The comment for this curve concurs with your assertion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    On the Sunday ride, I went through about 5 of these only much, much tighter and back up hill.... felt like the bike would fall over...
    Yeah, these downhill curves are okay... but you should see the ones that go uphill!!

(Geeze, I crack myself up! )
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Just checked all the major hotels in Russellville, they're all booked solid for next year September 21st to the 24th 2016 if that's the date for the BBB.
    This is incorrect .....

Many hotels have yet to provide their availability to the "Internet Reservation Websites" this far in advance. Most websites as of today only go as far as August 2016.

I just called a potential hotel and YES they do have 50 rooms that they can block for us if we want. I have to wait until the manager returns next week to negotiate/discuss a group rate for us.

NO FINAL decision will be made for at least another 7-10 days. I need to iron out some logistics ... routes, restaurants, caterer, Tent, Tables and chair rental. Waiting for a reply on GoldWing rental units for those that want to fly in.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Tony, you may need a session or two with pasikeOdoctor type. You sir are sick on taking care of these old horses. I haven't made an event yet but appreciate your efforts on something beyond the horizon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Summary of 2015 Rally?

Hi,

Has someone written a summary on teh 2015 Rally and if so, is it posted somewhere in this forum? I'm curious how many attendees, how many F6B's, events, etc.?

Thanks!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    This is incorrect .....

Many hotels have yet to provide their availability to the "Internet Reservation Websites" this far in advance. Most websites as of today only go as far as August 2016.

I just called a potential hotel and YES they do have 50 rooms that they can block for us if we want. I have to wait until the manager returns next week to negotiate/discuss a group rate for us.

NO FINAL decision will be made for at least another 7-10 days. I need to iron out some logistics ... routes, restaurants, caterer, Tent, Tables and chair rental. Waiting for a reply on GoldWing rental units for those that want to fly in.
    Clarification: I went through Tripadvisor for the 10 best hotels in Russellville and it linked me to Booking.com, which allows you to go that far out. After putting in the dates to all the major hotels it came back with: "We're sold out on your dates: Wed, Sept 21, 2016 - Sat, Sept 24, 2016 (3 nights"
    Then going as far out as Van Buren, 78 miles away, it did take the reservation and gave me a confirmation. It was only then that I posted the info. The website should not allow you to enter dates if they don't have the necessary info or say "No info available" not "We're sold out ..."

I would definitely be able to make it there.

Phantom I would be glad to accompany you on preview days if it happens. We travel north Arkansas usually twice a year. I have knowledge of some amazing roads there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrf13 View Post
    I would definitely be able to make it there.

Phantom I would be glad to accompany you on preview days if it happens. We travel north Arkansas usually twice a year. I have knowledge of some amazing roads there.
    Beers to you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Cheers for another site for the rally. I have ridden the Ozarks and they are great but NC mountains are better IMHO. It is too early to tell for me but I doubt I would make out there. Honestly I prefer smaller rallys with a lot less folks. I will support you guys either way. In my archives, I have a bunch of Ozark routes on file. Best of luck either way.

Arkansas cycle rides

The Arkansas Dept of Parks and Tourism puts out a free, very detailed, color book containing 5- dual sport rides, and 21 cycle rides for the roads. Each route shows a map, as well as resturaunts, gas stations, and other points of interest along each route, details of road conditions, mileage of the route, estimated time required, and special viewing things on the routes. The book is full of motel info from the entire northwest corner of the state, which is the best riding. The book is 98 pages, and it is GOOD. I have 2 , and the other publication is available from MotorcycleArkansas.com. It is a shortened version, but an extremely good publication. Either or both of these are "must haves", if you want to get the best out of the Ozzarks. Franklin area has great riding and scenery, but Arkansas is definitely an equal. I rode in early June, so I can't comment on the BBB, festival. That festival is also highlighted in the book. They are worth your time to check them out.