Long ride, stock seat evaluation....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long ride, stock seat evaluation....

Long ride, stock seat evaluation....

I left Raleigh, NC this morning for a GWRRA trip to Va. Beach and then wound up in Colonial Williamsburg. After about 90 minutes I started getting uncomfortable. I had to keep changing position for the duration of the ride. 250 plus miles in the saddle was a tiring ride on this seat. I have had one Mustang seat and three Ultimate seats and I can state, hands down, that the Ultimate is exactly that, the Ultimate. I could ride 500 miles stopping only for gas and rest room and have no discomfort at all. I would like to get another Ultimate but right now that is cost prohibitive.

Seems like we all have different butts...I have done 250+miles with stock seat and no issues for me...I quess the answer for you is the Ultimate when you can swing it...Too much "donero" for me also...I'm 74 and about 195lbs and don't take many more longer rides these days..I might go to the Mustang seat later this year as I like it being lower as I recently discovered I have some Arthritis issues in my left knee and it is getting more difficult to swing the old leg over the seat...Tried the foot-peg mounting deal and don't like it.....I know that years back Des, from Ultimate seats, made nice ones for the old Valkyrie's....

Just ordered my Ultimate yesterday

Last weekend I rode to Blowing Rock and my story is about the same, 90 miles and I started feeling it in the seat. 2-3 weeks and my Ultimate will be here. I bit the bullet and went all out with rider and passenger backrest. It was a big chunk of change but I figured since I LOVE this bike and dont plan of getting rid of it for a long time I might as well do it now rather than later.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    "Butt before bling,,,"

To each their own…might try squats as they put a little muscel back there is any seat would feel better…..
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I earned this on a stock seat and without highway pegs. No issues with the seat. My shoulders and neck hurt but raising and pulling back the bars fixed that for me.

Attachment 5913

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I earned this on a stock seat and without highway pegs. No issues with the seat. My shoulders and neck hurt but raising and pulling back the bars fixed that for me.

Attachment 5913
    I could never do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    I could never do it.
    Never say never! I'm going to do one this year. I've done 700+ with no issue, I think the key is going to be not going in hot weather. So I'm planning it for the fall. The desert is really nice that time of year, though the days will be shorter. Springtime is probably a better choice frankly, but I want to do one in 2014.

I would probably fall off the bike before I completed such a great feat, but congrats to those who made it....Year before last my son-in-law did his on a 99 Valkyrie Standard with stock seat and no windshield...He is 35 younger than me!!!

saddle man seats

getting my new saddleman seat on monday...pretty excited about it too..the re did my stock seat at 500 miles because it just flat sucked..
    will post pictures soon!!