Honda NM4??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda NM4??

Another bomb from Honda.
    You gotta wonder what the design team is smoking. Can you say DN01.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Not into the space crap.

The DN01 is hot compared to this monstrosity

I sat on the NM4 at Daytona. Wasn't so bad....
    I wouldn't pay their price for it though.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I like that Honda is trying something new and giving a motorcycle a totally different look. But like 53driver already said, i agree that the price is too high for that low engine.
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Don't worry after it sits for a few months and doesn't sell Honda will drop the price and screw everyone that paid full price just like they did on the f6b. I'm not digging the the futuristic look of the bike but maybe the future is now. I instrament cluster looks modern.

I've not seen one in person. My impressions of the pics I've seen is Ughhh. However, got a friend who says he saw one at a local dealer and didn't think it was too bad. He rides a 14 FJR. As functionality goes, I bet it is a hoot 'round town with the low seat height .Kind of like a non scooter scooter. It would seem the engine size would be the most limiting factor for any highway use as we're used to. I don't know about Honda anymore. I have been a lifelong Honda rider from dirt to street. If it wasn't for the F6B, I would have switched brands with my last purchase. The inspiration that went into making a bike like the original Valkyrie is gone. Unless you want a Crotch rocket, they're cruiser line is uninspiring. It just seems like they don't put any effort into their motorcycle line up anymore.

I understand that "style" is subjective and an acquired taste...but it makes me a bit anxious regarding a new Goldwing design if this is the path to the future being followed by Mother Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    It would seem the engine size would be the most limiting factor for any highway use as we're used to.
    I would assume this is the same engine Honda used in their NT700 a few years agoj with an automatic transmission added. If so, it should be more than capable on the highway. I had an NT700 for about 18 months and 25,000 miles. I rode it all over the country without issues. It was a fun, practical little bike that could do most everything adequately.
    But, the design of this new Honda is just plain ugly. It will be available in 2 years at a huge discount would be my guess.