Slow, conservative riders unite!

Thread: Slow, conservative riders unite!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wife and I do slow more now than ever !
    You can work on that thought.
    Slow is good. Last ticket I got was in 05 going into Salida, CO and the high sheriff said I was off the chart.
    Paid that one and changed my ways (some).

Fast/Slow vs. Safe

I've found little trouble to blend with many riders responding above . What speed categorize comfortable and safe interaction with others ? Definitely slow riding is better , if comes to possible crash . But , in the same time , slow driving among faster traffic can be disastrous . Over-speeding can be also dangerous , especially if others are not prepared to react on time.
    Driving smart is the only formula , which meets conditions on the road , including : weather , state of the pavement , congestion , visibility (night/day) , possible distraction ( caused by others ) , etc. I adopted and follow senses of monitoring any situations on the various roads , which can be different in the matter of seconds . Evaluation of mentioned conditions allows me to feel safe and to be safe . Usually posted speed limits are done for purpose and following them , somehow insures protection from others and allow to avoid intervention of law enforcement .