#1 reason guys/gals give for selling their 6b? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #1 reason guys/gals give for selling their 6b?

fl1madmax

F6B loves to go fast..............

Quote Originally Posted by 27TJNJ View Post
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new ride and F6b is in the top running spot. While doing my research I've come across 2 in NJ both 15s on Craigslist and wonder why?
    I've had lots of bikes along the way and many brands as well, still trying to find that one that ticks the most boxes and I can keep a few years.

So what in this forums great collective pile of knowledge (of which I've picked through a bunch) would be the reason why there are A. Slow sales, B. Dropped from Honda, C. 15s in the used market already.
    or is it a case of A+B=C?
    What do guys give as to why they are giving up the F6?
    I have had over 30 scooters, loved them all, Now I only have 2 a Kawasaki Concours, which I love, Fast as you care to go , Light and Nimble,
    use it for the Mountain roads and Speed Runs to Okeechobee , My F6B, with King Ultimate seat, and dual Back rest cause NO BODY LIKES the stock seat........... is for me and the wife, I got to run home from Daytona Sunday to Palm Bay 102 miles , following a Bentley, 100-110 all the way home and Honda wasn't even breathing hard, she loved it, V&H pipes never sounded so good, Just another note I'm a real believer in Amsoil 20-50, but just for shits and Giggles I changes to 10-40 Mobile 1, and put in a little bottle of Zinc Additive I use in My antique Street Rod.
    It has Never shifted so good, both UP and DOWN shifts...........

I think it would be the ergonomics .The seat stinks and the footposition is bad. That being said I love the bike. Just sold my mint 07 fat boy which also hauled azz because I enjoy riding this so much more. Maybe a new seat and ergo 3s will get me what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    A lot could be financial, ergonomics, no time to ride, etc...I have my 15, over 20,000 miles in less than a year, stock everything except windshield and hwy pegs, and I love it. There's no way it's the ride or handling....no way.
    You ride like I do.

Bought my 15 GL April 1st already have 10,400+ miles on it.

I really like my f6b but I have a big chubby for the Honda Africa Twin so as much as I like it she will be going down the road in the spring if I can get my price if not I will keep it and ride it either way it it is a win win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tqjunkie View Post
    I really like my f6b but I have a big chubby for the Honda Africa Twin so as much as I like it she will be going down the road in the spring if I can get my price if not I will keep it and ride it either way it it is a win win situation.
    Funny. I had a deposit for the 1st DCT Africa Twin that Ridenow Rancho in Vegas was going to get. Then I saw my new 2014 F6B Dee-Lux for sale and got it after it was marked down 9K. Haven't looked back.
    I'll just put some knobbies on it when I get the dirty urges.Attachment 24219Like this cat did.

Let me know when you get. ill shoot up there.

A million reasons...4 everything

The F6B is a great machine. For some, it may be too great. In other words, some people like the events that transpire while experiencing a high maintenance machine - during a journey. Remember, it's the journey not the destination...the grave.
    i've had many bikes, and still have a number of them, which are being sold off slowly.

The F6B is a world class machine. So are many other machines. Some seem to have a heart, some are just a machine. It's an intimate relationship. I wouldn't own this bike if i had just one. If you are running at a higher rate of speed, stop and go in heat, riding in cold or in any poor weather for more than 10 hrs a day, especially multiple days, this bike is tops. It's best to be in shape to deal with the weight.

One of my other rides is a '69 shovel in a '57 frame w/handgammer on a manual lid. High maintenance. Another is a 100+ HP FXR with police bags - love those bikes, well the list goes on. As i whittle down the herd, I see my life go by. I gave a lot of other options up to ride. I didn't watch much TV, "go to the game", play golf or join the Elks. I met a lot of peculiar people (I guess Im one) & found my habit to be excessive...as demonstrated by responses i received, when i mentioned the number of bikes i've owned at a previous writing. It was my life, not a hobby. I'm glad i lived it. Now to why people sell??? it is a pain, as someone mentioned to change an art filter and some of the other things mentioned, for sure. This is 2016. Things change. No more pouring used oil on the garage dirt floor to make it hard. No more riding your woman with her feet in the saddlebags, no more adjusting the lifters every couple of days, or the five hundred mile runs that took3 days, not to mention what a cross country trip was like.

I miss all that stuff. That's why i'm not selling the hard tail, many others would, and they wouldn't be wrong. It's a different day. It reallly depends on your needs and your Spirit. The F6B does what it was designed to do very well.

short

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    I spent a lot of money on the bike to make it comfortable, but bottom line was the seat base was just to wide for me to be comfortable. If they had a narrower frame I would still own it. By the way I only stand 5'5".

I'm 5'3" 140 lb woman. I put the classic GL saddle on my F6B and boy, do I and my pillion love this saddle! 250 miles yesterday with 300 smiles. I reach the ground well enough -- slight loss of heel touch depending on road surface -- but better than stock and better than Mustang. JM 2 cents.
    n

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I'm 5'3" 140 lb woman. I put the classic GL saddle on my F6B and boy, do I and my pillion love this saddle! 250 miles yesterday with 300 smiles. I reach the ground well enough -- slight loss of heel touch depending on road surface -- but better than stock and better than Mustang. JM 2 cents.
    n
    I'd like to see a pic of the GL saddle on the B if you have one.

Mike

Just got rid of mine today to scratch a Valkyrie itch. Wanted something I could run pure when I wanted and throw on bags and a windshield when that suited me. Plus at 100lbs lighter with the same motor the thing runs like a scalded dog.