Mustang seat report
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mustang seat report

Mustang seat report

Yesterday, I went for a ride on some two lane mountain roads close to me with my new Mustang standard seat. Here are some comments about the seat:

It is really fun to riding the F6B in the twisties with the Mustang seat position.
    I like the added stability of being able to “really” flat foot the bike at stops, (30” inseam).
    The seat itself is comfortable. No sliding forward or grippy material feeling a couple of owners have reported (the difference maybe standard vs tuck-n-roll).
    Nice looking, well made seat.

Not so good for “me”, I have a problem with my legs bothering me when sitting. It is a problem I have had for a while. When I was working, sitting in a chair at my desk for extended periods made my legs uncomfortable. I had a 2012 GL1800 with a MBL sport kit and one of the reasons I traded it was because my legs would get uncomfortable when riding it. I got my F6B thinking that the different riding/seating position would work for me, and it did. However, I noticed yesterday my legs were getting a little uncomfortable toward the end of my ride. I am going to take it on longer ride, and see what happens.
    Attachment 5372Attachment 5373Attachment 5374
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Thats a issue I have when picking a seat out.I am 6' 2" and when sitting my legs/knees need to be in a more down position.I was afraid to get the Mustang seat because it lowers you and figured my legs/knees would now be higher and that would not be good for me.Good luck with the seat and I hope it works out for you
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Thats a issue I have when picking a seat out.I am 6' 2" and when sitting my legs/knees need to be in a more down position.I was afraid to get the Mustang seat because it lowers you and figured my legs/knees would now be higher and that would not be good for me.Good luck with the seat and I hope it works out for you
    Same with me, back surgery because of two ruptured discs twenty years ago. Mustang, the best looking seat out there, but I don't think it will work for me.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    If you want a seat that's easy on your legs/knees as well as your azz, I know exactly what works for me (and my wife on her 6).

I've had most all the 'popular' brand name seats over the years as well as OEM 'shaped/shaved' before,,, All pretty much the same 'triangle' shaped seating area,,, Therein lies the problem,,, Ya need something with more hip/upper thigh support than a 'triangle' can provide.

But, that kinda seat ain't 'sexy', so I'm not sure y'all would be interested in something like that,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    If you want a seat that's easy on your legs/knees as well as your azz, I know exactly what works for me (and my wife on her 6).

I've had most all the 'popular' brand name seats over the years as well as OEM 'shaped/shaved' before,,, All pretty much the same 'triangle' shaped seating area,,, Therein lies the problem,,, Ya need something with more hip/upper thigh support than a 'triangle' can provide.

But, that kinda seat ain't 'sexy', so I'm not sure y'all would be interested in something like that,,,
    Oh, don't be so sure! I just got an extra seat from a forum member so I can have one of those "butt uglys" built.

I am and my ass is happy with the Corbin.The Corbin is not a lower seat thats why I went with it.Is it hard YES does my ass like it YES will it get softer with more miles
    Ride it like you stole it

If you want a seat that's easy on your legs/knees as well as your azz, :
    My knees can't stand 'triangle' shaped seats. The shape/extra support of my 'thugly' seat changes all that.

I have always had good luck with Ultimate Seats on my Valkyries and looking forward to putting an Ultimate on my F6B next month.

By all means, ride what ya like.

As the OT here is about Mustang/sore legs, the OP might also benefit from some highway pegs,,, simply to enable different leg positions during riding,,,, move around a bit, if only for a few minutes,,,

I have been thinking about a set of Rivco Aero pegs.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow