Bike Toberfest Daytona Florida - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bike Toberfest Daytona Florida

What's "the loop" in Daytona?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Stopped by the Indian dealer on Beach St in Daytona...... ALL the Indians ( 10 ) were sold and over heard a salesman say there was a 3 - 4 week wait on new bikes !!! The Indian looks to be making a come back !!!
    I was there today too! I also demoed the Indian Chief, loved it, rids great! It just might be my next cruiser!

We live in such a great age for motorcycling when a startup company's first model is that good! I know they had plenty of experience with Victory's, but Indian in my opinion rides better than Victory's I tried!

See y'all tomorrow!

The Loop , is a scenic ride thru old Florida. Marking the inter coastal, marsh lands,an Old Sugar Plantation and a State Park along a canopy of trees ,that line the road for around 20 miles...you can get "off" and go to Destination Daytona, on the West side or get off on the East side and ride A1A up the coast paralleling the beach...in the summer it is usually about 15' cooler....

http://www.daytonachamber.com/enbw/loop.htm
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Got caught riding!

Flagler Beach at 9am on Thursday. Beautiful morning! Love riding on A1A from St. Augustine to Daytona.

Attachment 2658

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The Loop , is a scenic ride thru old Florida. Marking the inter coastal, marsh lands,an Old Sugar Plantation and a State Park along a canopy of trees ,that line the road for around 20 miles...you can get "off" and go to Destination Daytona, on the West side or get off on the East side and ride A1A up the coast paralleling the beach...in the summer it is usually about 15' cooler....

http://www.daytonachamber.com/enbw/loop.htm
    Thanks Steve, looks really cool. I followed the route on google maps.

Everyone arrived safe in Daytona....8 F6B's and Jimmy and his Son Skip on their bikes....we had a big breakfast and sat around telling stories...we finally gave the waitress back her table and moved out side for some picture taking....we all went our separate ways, myself and Jimmy and Skip went to the track and watched a race....I ended up leaving those two and met the Salesman who sold me my Bushtec trailer.....he got into my pocket again !!!!! I ordered a stand that we allow the trailer to be stored vertically..... I then met up with Todd and Ken for dinner at Martins...Big Dawg ( Jimmy was bring a friend and the friend had bike trouble), so they did not make it....the prime rib was out standing as usual ....we split up and I headed home to pack for the trip to Cedar Key !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Hello there guys,

Just a quick note to express my appreciation to Steve for getting us together for the Daytona breakfast. I enjoyed meeting you guys, and regret the fact that time did not allow for all of us us to get better acquainted. I also want to give special thanks to Cool hand Luke for offering to guide us through the loop like he did. Sure, I could have figured it out, but it was really a treat to just follow someone who's been there before without keeping track of where i'm going. I'm looking forward to another opportunity to get together. The bad side of this meet is that now I'm going to spend more money after seeing some of the nice accessories y'all have on your bikes . Also, thank you for posting pics, Steve.

That's it

I'm moving to Florida when I retire for the second time! I loved riding all year when
    I was stationed at Cape Canaveral and I wanted to stay but the airforce made me move.
    Thanks for sharing the pics and info

Just wanted to say it was great meeting everyone! I enjoyed our little group ride afterwards, and some of us ended up having lunch later together. Great time!

Steve, thanks for organizing! I also passed you today (Saturday) on my way from Ozello Trail Road (regarded as the twistiest road in Florida) to Cedar Key! I like your trailer!

Looking forward to riding together again!