The end is near - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The end is near

shooter
    Stro , Will , Greg , bout time you guys got here. I guess better late than never!! Felt like Audie Murphy in a bunker and the gooks were swarming.

I thought Murphy fought the French.....wtf?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    ... the only real way to come out ahead/even is to get the best deal you can and ride the wheels off the thing, keeping it as long as possible.....
    Absolutely!
    Everyone has different goals, but I try to imagine that each motorcycle I've bought will be the last and do my best to get the most out of it.
    OTOH, (gonna cuss now since everyone else is!) I've got a shitty attitude regarding soft paint and appearance. I'm a fucking wreck so even a scratched up B looks good to my eyes.
    I just can't waste valuable time worrying about it, she still rides like a dream. I usually ride solo so I don't have to worry about pissing contests on who's got the shiniest bike.
    Seen too many vehicles get mashed up by other drivers to have any hope that I'm not gonna come out of someplace and see that a dually has backed over my bike or crunched my car.
    Hope you enjoy your wing, shouldn't take much to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by dmize View Post
    Then found out that there are still 14 2013 F6B's in Honda warehouses that can be purchased new for about $13,000 which made my $19,000 deluxe model worth about $9,000.
    I can't help but think that perhaps, if I can swing it financially, my next bike will be a white 2016 that I'll purchase in 2019 for cheap! Doubt it though. Gotta make the most of the 2013, I'll have kids in college soon enough.
    THIS is my last bike unless something amazing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I thought Murphy fought the French.....wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Whatever
    Perception of history only matters to how you want to re-tell the story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    So you guys blame Honda cause you made bad decisions? Sounds juvenile to me. Suck it up and live with your decision.
    I am not putting the blame on Honda for any reason and did not make any bad decision on my bike...Just stating the real world facts about most used bikes..Only stated what I paid vs. what the bike is currently worth...No plans to sell or trade anyhow so not an issue for me..Regards

+1

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am not putting the blame on Honda for any reason and did not make any bad decision on my bike...Just stating the real world facts about most used bikes..Only stated what I paid vs. what the bike is currently worth...No plans to sell or trade anyhow so not an issue for me..Regards
    I also bought it to ride and not complain about the current value, no chance I will be selling it to try and make a buck on it. I am just going to keep running the wheels off of it until I cannot ride any further and will probably give it to my oldest boy for him to enjoy. Nicest machine I have every owned.

2kewlgypsy
    I heard of a guy once, that didn't wear out his woman properly ... he was keeping it fresh for the next guy.
    (That was as PC as I could make the statement, considering we are in mixed company)

My Road Glide had 82,000 miles on it when I decided it was time - 82,000 well ridden miles, accessorized to my liking, and before that a GL1200 that I bought with 70k and sold off once I put on another 70k. I'm a big fan of making the bike the way I want it, and don't trade em in every couple of years - I'm guessing my 13 F6B will have 150-200 on her, and probably be worth $1500 when I'm done, but those miles are going to be joyous.
    Much Respect
    2Kewl

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    I heard of a guy once, that didn't wear out his woman properly ... he was keeping it fresh for the next guy.
    (That was as PC as I could make the statement, considering we are in mixed company)

My Road Glide had 82,000 miles on it when I decided it was time - 82,000 well ridden miles, accessorized to my liking, and before that a GL1200 that I bought with 70k and sold off once I put on another 70k. I'm a big fan of making the bike the way I want it, and don't trade em in every couple of years - I'm guessing my 13 F6B will have 150-200 on her, and probably be worth $1500 when I'm done, but those miles are going to be joyous.
    Much Respect
    2Kewl
    See Shooter, TEXANS ain'tnot stoopid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver