Give up on the hog - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give up on the hog

I have my HD in the garage on a jack… enough said !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

If you are leaving an ultra why not look at a gold wing instead of the F6B? I had an 08 street glide for 4 years and now the F6B. The biggest plus for me is performance - of the drive train, motor and suspension. We bought the deluxe and I added the back rest riser and my wife loves it. You may want an upgraded windscreen, I picked the madstad which works great but looks a little mechanical.

I enjoyed riding my street glide but the frame and stock suspension suck in the twisties. I ride a bit aggressively and the F6B shines when pushed hard. It's like an overweight sport touring cruiser all in one.

Whichever ride you pick - enjoy. You can't beat either the gold wing or F6B for the fun factor.

JB

Never had any quality issues with my Harleys, but my wife is a lot more comfy on the F6B with taller back rest. Also, with the flat 6, u never have to think twice about rolling passes, it just plain goes.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Bosman1, I have to aree with what JBnAZ said...you may want to think about a full Goldwing 1800, as it is the exact same engine, trans, rear diff, frame, etc, etc, etc, as the F6B, but it also has the rear trunk for carrying more stuff when riding two up, and...it has a much better backrest for the passenger....and it has electronic cruise control. You can get the next level up that also has heated hand grips...a heated seat...blah blah blah.

In 2014, the all Blacked out Goldwing 1800, has black wheels that match the F6B, and a blacked out engine that matches the F6B. It is more money, but condiering what you have spent on the HD, you only spend it ONCE on a Honda product, and it lasts for 300,000 to 500,000 miles, or...in your world...480,000 kilometers to 800,000 kilometers.

To me....as a former HD rider with more than 600,000 miles on HDs, if I was going to buy a bike for two up riding, it would be a full Goldwing 1800, for the passenger comfort, and the stock amenities on the bike.

BUT...you may prefer the styling of the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    If you are leaving an ultra why not look at a gold wing instead of the F6B? I had an 08 street glide for 4 years and now the F6B. The biggest plus for me is performance - of the drive train, motor and suspension. We bought the deluxe and I added the back rest riser and my wife loves it. You may want an upgraded windscreen, I picked the madstad which works great but looks a little mechanical.

I enjoyed riding my street glide but the frame and stock suspension suck in the twisties. I ride a bit aggressively and the F6B shines when pushed hard. It's like an overweight sport touring cruiser all in one.

Whichever ride you pick - enjoy. You can't beat either the gold wing or F6B for the fun factor.

JB
    I love my F6B and it fits my style of riding fine..But why not also check out a new Goldwing if you want all the "whistle's and bells" that you might be used to...I came off a Victory Vision Tour, which was great and easily "blew the doors off" any HD I ever ran!!...But my needs changed and I went with the F6B..As said on above posts you will probably want to add some things, but you cannot go wrong with a Honda product in my judgment...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have my HD in the garage on a jack… enough said !
    CVO charge to visa only lol

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I love my F6B and it fits my style of riding fine..But why not also check out a new Goldwing if you want all the "whistle's and bells" that you might be used to...I came off a Victory Vision Tour, which was great and easily "blew the doors off" any HD I ever ran!!...But my needs changed and I went with the F6B..As said on above posts you will probably want to add some things, but you cannot go wrong with a Honda product in my judgment...
    Looked at the big wing. I like the looks of the F6B. We have a trailer so our luggage needs will be met. i do ride somewhat aggressive so this fits nicely.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    You have 18 hours to bid on this one ...

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...miles-on-E-Bay

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

As a big guy its the F6B over the Full wing for me. I have only ridden a full wing once and I was cramped. Also 95% of my riding is 1 up. My wife isn't interested and understands my purpose for having a bike. It works for now so why not go with that.

But if I rode 2 up and were smaller I think the full wing is a now brainer will all the goodies you can get stock.

Good Luck with your choice, either way its a fun one to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Bosman1, I have to aree with what JBnAZ said...you may want to think about a full Goldwing 1800, as it is the exact same engine, trans, rear diff, frame, etc, etc, etc, as the F6B, but it also has the rear trunk for carrying more stuff when riding two up, and...it has a much better backrest for the passenger....and it has electronic cruise control. You can get the next level up that also has heated hand grips...a heated seat...blah blah blah.

In 2014, the all Blacked out Goldwing 1800, has black wheels that match the F6B, and a blacked out engine that matches the F6B. It is more money, but condiering what you have spent on the HD, you only spend it ONCE on a Honda product, and it lasts for 300,000 to 500,000 miles, or...in your world...480,000 kilometers to 800,000 kilometers.

To me....as a former HD rider with more than 600,000 miles on HDs, if I was going to buy a bike for two up riding, it would be a full Goldwing 1800, for the passenger comfort, and the stock amenities on the bike.

BUT...you may prefer the styling of the F6B.
    My wife like the freedom to move around in the back. With a backrest and open space, I believe she will be happy. We pull a bike triler when we load for the weekens, so all will be good. I like the look of the F6B better. It looks like a Harley eating machine. lol