Second bike...? Thoughts?

Thread: Second bike...? Thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Before i bought the f6b i was very interested trading my 2005 white and silver victory vegas with stage one pipes in on an indian chieftain. Fortunately i could not make a decent deal and bought the f6b. I ended keeping the victory and $6000 . I enjoy riding the f6b on longer rides. The victory has 41000 miles on it and i run it on shorter trips . Its nice to hear the thump of the v twin once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    Before i bought the f6b i was very interested trading my 2005 white and silver victory vegas with stage one pipes in on an indian chieftain. Fortunately i could not make a decent deal and bought the f6b. I ended keeping the victory and $6000 . I enjoy riding the f6b on longer rides. The victory has 41000 miles on it and i run it on shorter trips . Its nice to hear the thump of the v twin once in a while.
    That's how I felt with my VStar, which, strangely enough, also had 41,000 miles on it. I sold it for $2500. I really thought about keeping it, as mentioned, but I had a tuition bill to pay and I really can't justify having a second bike with three snowmobiles, boat, and a camp also.

Someday I may consider it, though. I certainly put on enough miles each year (6-7,000) to make a case for it in the future.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I test rode the FJ-09 last week and it was very nice. I am waiting for the FZ-10 it should have similar ergonomics but far more power. The new FZ-10 looks to be a game changer for the naked / standard / light sport touring bikes.

It looks to be a better R1!!! The power and handling of the latest R1 and comfort of the FZ1!!!

I can't wait to get the opportunity to test ride the FZ-10. (I don't know if I will ever get to buy one)

A bike like these could never replace the F6B but they would be fun as a second bike to thrash occasionally.
    Steve

I guess it is time for me to jump in here and stir up some crap!!!!

My number 1 bike is the B. My number 2 bike is the "anti-B"

The B is the keeper bike but the wife has given me permission to use a chunk of money and "flip" bikes as a side job. If I break even (and throw her a few hundred bucks so she thinks I am actually making money, then my payment in the deal is that I get another scoot to enjoy and ride for a while) I have made a few bucks on a Valkyrie and VRod.

At the moment, the "anti B" is a 2006 Harley Street Bob. It is everything the F6B is NOT. It is small---loud--mini apes give it the outlaw appeal---it is loud---very uncomfortable except for short rides--very loud---and is not appealing for a passenger at all---and finally it is very loud. It is also very fun!!!!! But, as I said, it is also not a keeper. But I do love it. Maybe a better phrase is that I lust it, instead---for short periods at a time.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old Ryder,

That is a great way to get a extra bike in the garage.

I have the F6B and a 1981 C750K which I bought new in 1982. I have owned it way to long to get rid of it now. We all know the F6B is going no where (I love the bike) But I do crave another bike to play with.

I came up with something similar I was going to tell my wife I am going to start a side business restoring bikes. Then like you I will get to play with a new toy every now and then. Who knows maybe we will get lucky and make some money doing this.
    Steve