The cure for no cruise control... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The cure for no cruise control...

Cool

+1... nice unit,,,, I use mine on long hauls or when I need to adjust something!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    $4.00 & done get it online or at a Cat towmotor shop.
    How does this work? I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    Largo...the gel band is a must..I imagine you could scuff the flat spot with some sand paper to get a better grip but ive not experienced your issues and I have billet turn signal grips by eurocomponents which i would think would slip easier...Like mentioned before...Whatever works for you..
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    $4.00 & done get it online or at a Cat towmotor shop.

I just put that in my Amazon cart; since this is the 2nd time it's been recommended, I better give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    How does this work? I forgot.
    I *believe* it works to increase friction, thereby giving it a firmer grip on the throttle, and thereby holding speed more constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I like the Throttlemeister because everything is done with one movement, you engage by using the outside palm of your hand as you roll on the throttle and override it by rolling off the throttle. No other movement needed, plus it's mounted on the bike permanently so you don't have remove it or worry as much about it getting stolen, like I think you would with this type. But, I say use what you like.
    I liked the Throttlemeiser too. Had one on my BMW K100. Don't know if I like it $200 worth. I swear I only paid half that last time.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kaoko option?

Hey folks- I have being unable to find commentary on the Kaoko throttle lock for the F6B… Can anyone advise me before I purchase this? And, will it work with OEM heated grips?
    Thx
    Freedom North

Throttle Control

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    Had my Rune since 2005 and have always had a lot of wrist pain from twisting the throttle on long trips...I met Billy Ho in Monterey at Moto GP And he offered me his throttle lock which was made of plastic and cost $20...I thought this thing was amazing until he redesigned it...I saw him at another show and told him how much I liked the lock and he told he to go get it and bring it to him...Upon return he busted out the new aluminum adjustable version and traded it at no cost...The newest version fixed the issues I had with the plastic one. All I can say is Billy prides himself on customer service and satisfaction..Im so happy with his device Ive made it a point to tell everyone who has wrist issues...

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_t...0control2.html
    I had the same exact experience. I love my Throttle lock. Saves the right hand for other urgent necessities...

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom North View Post
    Hey folks- I have being unable to find commentary on the Kaoko throttle lock for the F6B… Can anyone advise me before I purchase this? And, will it work with OEM heated grips?
    Thx
    Freedom North
    There have been quite a few discussions here on the Kaoko, use the search feature.
    I installed the Kaoko right away after I purchased my F6B. My previous bike has a friction throttle lock on it, so it was a perfect for me. It is very well make and it works perfect.
    You have to go into it realizing a cruise control and a friction lock are different approaches to the same goal.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    There have been quite a few discussions here on the Kaoko, use the search feature.
    I installed the Kaoko right away after I purchased my F6B. My previous bike has a friction throttle lock on it, so it was a perfect for me. It is very well make and it works perfect.
    You have to go into it realizing a cruise control and a friction lock are different approaches to the same goal.
    I appreciate this ,thanks....I ordered the Kaoko today from Revzilla and was able to locate ( via the search option) the great posts already made. I'm installing OEM heated grips first and then the K.