Tour Pack ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tour Pack ...

Good deal Cracker. Hey those "other comments"?? Like a grain of salt. You did a nice job on that and it looks great.

Looks nice, very good job. You got me thinking now.

Too funny; Just got the exact one on EBay. Did you get your "free mat", lol? I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hardware and overall look. Can't beat it for the money, and yes, it suits the bike very well. My gal got used to a back rest on a long trip last summer, so thought I'd kill two birds.... A bit of easy storage, and a happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
    I added a Tour Pack to my F6B this wknd!
    Took me a few attempts but happy with the nice clean install. I really like the look of a bagger with a chopped tour pack, What do you all think? Uhhhhh, where / how can I post pics? Thanks, CrackerAttachment 6472
    It appears you used a support plate below and inside, is that correct? I was going to simply use large flat washers on the support posts. I think the bottom of the case looks strong enough to not need a support. We'll see.....!

Nice work Cracker!!! And, I always enjoyed riding in Meeeeeeeeechigan's summers. Especially into the U.P. and up to copper harbor. Btw, I graduated Ferris State.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Looks like it was designed for your B. Nice job!
    Albuquerque, NM

That's pretty sweet! Definitely makes the bike more weekend friendly and keeps the look intact.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Razor.jpgIMG_20190619_115248 (004).jpgRazor 2.jpg Finally got mine mounted. Off and on in 10 minutes with 4 bolts. Hopefully still looks cool. Stock windshield keeps it looking low and lean...

I mounted it a wee bit high so the backrest would feel more secure for my pillion. I'll see how she likes it and could lower if she doesn't mind it being more in her lower back.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I mounted it a wee bit high so the backrest would feel more secure for my pillion. I'll see how she likes it and could lower if she doesn't mind it being more in her lower back.

It would look even better if it was lower. I had a nice short trunk, but the wife was not impressed with the short backrest.

Now I went the other extreme. A great big expandable trunk (for 2 helmets and the kitchen sink). It comes off in literally seconds, leaving the original backrest (slightly raised). It's fun experimenting!

Here it is in the collapsed setting:

100_5257.jpg

And seconds later, removed:

100_5241.jpg
    Last edited by 98valk; 06-20-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Albuquerque, NM