I did it - pulled trigger on '16 Level 3 full Wing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I did it - pulled trigger on '16 Level 3 full Wing

The new 18 GW are drastically reduced with saving in the $6,000 plus range. The 16 GW leftovers are in the $10,000 off plus range. It is a buyers market out there. Only bad thing is used bike prices have tanked unless you find a buyer privately. I bought my 14 Valkyrie for over $5k off in early 2015. Was lucky to sell it privately in late 17 when I found the F6B. Debating about a 18 DCT now at $17,499 but have not found a buyer for my 14 F6BD.
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 06-16-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    The new 18 GW are drastically reduced with saving in the $6,000 plus range. The 16 GW leftovers are in the $10,000 plus range. It is a buyers market out there. Only bad thing is used bike prices have tanked unless you find a buyer privately. I bought my 14 Valkyrie for over $5k off in early 2015. Was lucky to sell it privately in late 17 when I found the F6B. Debating about a 18 DCT now at $17,499 but have not found a buyer for my 14 F6BD.
    Wow, I have seen anything like that in the 500 mile searches I did. I did see a brand new leftover '16 full Wing at Russellville Honda for the same price I paid for this one, but it is an Audio Comfort model without ABS ... and a $5000+ cheaper MSRP. I see some used '18 Wing Tour DCTs for $21500 and $22000 around here. No deals anywhere close to what you are claiming. A $10k Wing around here is a 2007-2010 model with upwards of 50k miles on it.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    I've been thinking about extending my rides into NY. The area NNW of Albany is asking me to explore. Actually, I've been thinking about riding all over North America! Gotta get going before I get too old!
    There is great riding in VT if you can avoid the tourist traffic. Only a couple of hours east of you.
    Thanks. I'll tell ya a great ride is Rt 28N from North Creek to Newcomb ... takes you into the central Adirondacks ... and there is 20 mile stretch in there that has all the curves of the Dragon. I rode it last summer and did not want it to end! Watch out for moose when you see the signs though. North Creek is probably an hour or so north and west of Albany. I haven't done too much riding over there just because it is so far away from my starting point. I typically do 100-150 mile rides in the Finger Lakes region, which are close to home (see my thumbnail pic for an example of the views in the Finger Lakes).

VT - would love to go - more than a couple of hours from Rochester though - even going 75 mph on the Thruway instead of back roads is at least three hours - Albany is 200 miles from here (NY is bigger than it looks on a map).
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I corrected my response. It was meant “left over 16s at $10,000 off”. And you are correct, the models I saw are new Audio Comfort for similar prices. I personally do not want navigation and airbag on my bike. Rather have my navigation separate and be the latest and greatest. The local HD dealer had a 13 GW with 9k miles and asking price was $12,499. Don’t know which model it was as I wasn’t paying that close of attention as I wasn’t interested in purchasing it. Just made me realize my F6BD wasn’t worth trading to them.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Wow, I have seen anything like that in the 500 mile searches I did. I did see a brand new leftover '16 full Wing at Russellville Honda for the same price I paid for this one, but it is an Audio Comfort model without ABS ... and a $5000+ cheaper MSRP. I see some used '18 Wing Tour DCTs for $21500 and $22000 around here. No deals anywhere close to what you are claiming. A $10k Wing around here is a 2007-2010 model with upwards of 50k miles on it.

I corrected my response. It was meant “left over 16s at $10,000 off”. And you are correct, the models I saw are new Audio Comfort for similar prices. I personally do not want navigation and airbag on my bike. Rather have my navigation separate and be the latest and greatest. The local HD dealer had a 13 GW with 9k miles and asking price was $12,499. Don’t know which model it was as I wasn’t paying that close of attention as I wasn’t interested in purchasing it. Just made me realize my F6BD wasn’t worth trading to them.
    My local dealer said there are some hidden incentives on standard 18 wings (not tour). Not significant, maybe a $k or 2 of wiggle room, but starting to see some. To me it looks like the same few standard 18 wings have been on the floor for a year.
    Riding the upward spiral.

My dealer here in Michigan has several leftover 2018 GW's still sitting on floor from last year..I'll bet some pretty decent deals will be available this Winter or next Spring on these bikes for those interested..I am looking to downsize to something else and am looking at a few bikes including the 2015 Honda Interstate which I really like..Hope to find a new leftover one for a decent price fairly soon...Love my F6B, but the time is coming soon for me to change bikes...Regards

Gotcha! If the original reply was true, I would let my buyer keep the $200 deposit and I would be on a flight to Florida tomorrow with a check in hand!

As for your comment in bold, the Navi/XM/ABS model (Level 3) is the cheapest one available with ABS ... and those retailed for $28,299 in 2016. This is the problem I have with Honda - other manufacturers have ABS on tourers at half this price (like 2016 Indian Springfield, Vic CC). Meanwhile, no F6 sold in the US has it. Canadian and Australian F6s have ABS, as their owners regularly (and justifiably) rub it in our faces.

I was playing around with the nav system on the Wing I bought yesterday, and I think it is the same one that Tom Hanks used to get home in Apollo 13. It takes over a minute to punch in an address, where it takes 5 seconds on my iPhone. I still have a Garmin 396 sitting on my desk that i was gonna install on my F6, but I want to experiment with the factory Navi system first ... there's a reason why it is not for sale yet over on the classified page.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 06-16-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    My dealer here in Michigan has several leftover 2018 GW's still sitting on floor from last year..I'll bet some pretty decent deals will be available this Winter or next Spring on these bikes for those interested..I am looking to downsize to something else and am looking at a few bikes including the 2015 Honda Interstate which I really like..Hope to find a new leftover one for a decent price fairly soon...Love my F6B, but the time is coming soon for me to change bikes...Regards
    There's one here in Rochester that a young salesman said they would "maybe take a couple hundred bucks off" ... same dealer who had a'13 F6 demo on the floor at the same time I bought mine in 2015 that would not budge below $17,500 ... $3000 more than what I paid for mine at another area dealer a couple of days later.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I'm late to the party here but commenting on your (VStarRider) original post I felt the same way about not having ABS when first looking at the F6B. That is why I jumped at the opportunity in 2016 to purchase a 2014 Level 3 wing converted to a F6B and never regretted it. I know for a fact the ABS got me out of a jam in two occasions already. Also the Nav is great when you feel like getting lost for the day but dont wanting to put any effort into getting home.
    I wish you great luck and enjoyment with your new to you purchase.

Rod

It is great to hear everyone’s passion on their hot buttons. The only thing that matters is if we all are having fun and enjoying our rides.