Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle Safety Foundation

I did the MSF approved course in Massachusetts. I thought the class was pretty fantastic and believe I am a better rider because of it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Required to get endorsement in TX (Benefit to TX DPS is they no longer has to provide a 'driving test' option at their facilities)

Rode many years w/o endorsement. Tried for quite a while to get wifey off my bike and on her own. Taking the MSF together enabled me to get an endorsement AND get wifey on her own bike!

It was fun.

MSF

Took basic back in 1999. I believe a must for any motorcycle rider. With being in the Army I have to take the Advanced Course every 3 years now to stay refreshed. I due for my 3rd advanced course here at the end of this year. Great course.

I'm thinking about getting certified as a MSF Instructor when I retire just to have something to do on the side. I have taken the basic MSF course twice and the advanced course twice as well. I learn something new every time. No matter your skill level you can always improve. I've seen this topic come up on other forums and often there are long time riders who think they know it all, but have never taken a formal riding course and think it would be worthless. They couldn't be further from the truth. I plan on taking one of the week long Moto Officer type courses (non MSF) one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I'm thinking about getting certified as a MSF Instructor when I retire just to have something to do on the side. I have taken the basic MSF course twice and the advanced course twice as well. I learn something new every time. No matter your skill level you can always improve. I've seen this topic come up on other forums and often there are long time riders who think they know it all, but have never taken a formal riding course and think it would be worthless. They couldn't be further from the truth. I plan on taking one of the week long Moto Officer type courses (non MSF) one of these days.
    I'm on my second stint as an MSF Instructor/Ridercoach, back in the late 90's, early 2000's at a community college in Texas, and now with one of the state universities here in OK. I enjoy it, and it makes ME a better rider.

Been a Ridercoach since 2002.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Here in North Carolina we also have Bike Safe, this program started by Sgt. Brown of the NC Highway Patrol. Course is one on one. That is motor Patrolman to student. Parking lots are good to learn on, but hard to beat open road instruction. Our road route was over the roads in Wake county with most reported motorcycle wrecks. I came away from this one with some great information. Oh, did I mention, it is FREE.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Took MSF basic in 2005. I'd recommend it to everyone. And here in Tennessee, passing the MSF course means you don't have to take the written or driving tests at the DMV to get your motorcycle endorsement on your license.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan View Post
    Took MSF basic in 2005. I'd recommend it to everyone. And here in Tennessee, passing the MSF course means you don't have to take the written or driving tests at the DMV to get your motorcycle endorsement on your license.
    Same here in Massachusetts.