XM radio?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XM radio??

Does anyone know if Pete at bike MP3 is selling the XM radio for the f6b. Any info appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    If you use the typical XM set up where are you guys putting the antenna?
    If you use the smartphone app I assume you are burning up the data plan the entire time you are using it?
    I have run the antenna on top of the clutch reservoir with double stick tape on 3 different Wings.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    8 months in the pocket and still working fine. The only thing I listen to.
    Great idea! Ordered the smaller audiovox unit this morning mentioned in the other thread for $30 off Amazon. Hoping that I can do 6 month subscriptions as the bike will sit 6 months a year here in the frozen north. Regarding all the wires and cables, did you simply bundle them up and push them under the radio?

Great idea! Ordered the smaller audiovox unit this morning mentioned in the other thread for $30 off Amazon. Hoping that I can do 6 month subscriptions as the bike will sit 6 months a year here in the frozen north. Regarding all the wires and cables, did you simply bundle them up and push them under the radio?
    Yes, just sitting under the unit. I used 3m double stick (Ace, Home Depot, etc.) to mount the unit and the antenna. Works well for me, and is secure. I usually listen to just a couple of stations, so opening up the lid to change to preset stations is not an issue for me. Plugged into the audio system, volume controlled thru the AUX.

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    Does anyone know if Pete at bike MP3 is selling the XM radio for the f6b. Any info appreciated.
    We do have a prototype that works on the USB slot and uses the factory controls and display but its on the back burner until the new CB is released
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

xm

I have my satellite radio in the glove box with the antenna on the dash and plugged into a plug in my left compartment. I move it form my F6B to my GL in about two minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    We do have a prototype that works on the USB slot and uses the factory controls and display but its on the back burner until the new CB is released
    Are there still many people out there that use CB's? I figured with all the bluetooth options for helmets now that cell phones would be the prefered method of bike to bike communication. I would have also guessed there is way more people interested in Sat radio than there were in CB's. Guess it's a good thing I am not in the electronics business.

Are there still many people out there that use CB's? I figured with all the bluetooth options for helmets now that cell phones would be the prefered method of bike to bike communication. I would have also guessed there is way more people interested in Sat radio than there were in CB's. Guess it's a good thing I am not in the electronics business.
    I still use a CB (Thanks BikeMP3 for the kit you built) because all of my riding buddies use it (GWRRA members) and it's still an excellent bike to bike communication tool, because you can talk to more than one bike.......which I had heard is not possible with bluetooth technology, but I could be wrong.. I also have my F6B wired for Sat. radio (hard wired to my left handlebar for quick channel changes) and my GPS ZUMO 450 (hard wired to my right handlebar). In addition I have the USB port connected to a 8 GB thumb drive with my favorite songs.

I guess you could say "I'm Wired"!!!

Yes when you run Sirius thru the I Phone it is using your Data Plan….. I have 5 I Phone's on one plan so you could say I am Wired as well!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Common grandpa's, why don't you install a eight track too! Sat. Radio is going to be forgotten in the next few years. With services like pandora,I heart, and iPods. Why pay for good music? Here wait there's a rocking chair for you old geezers.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt