The end is near - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The end is near

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Nope. Not at all. You are actually with the "silent majority"...

...meaning those whom have ultimately grasped the pure essence of riding a motorcycle. Cleaning it is an afterthought.

Now for those whom ride their "princess ponies"...
    I guess that is why you hardly every see a dirty Harley..Most spend their down time polishing the chrome while hanging out at the local dealers lot exchanging stories about their repairs...Oh, well to each his own.....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I guess that is why you hardly every see a dirty Harley..Most spend their down time polishing the chrome while hanging out at the local dealers lot exchanging stories about their repairs...Oh, well to each his own.....Ride safe
    My sentiments exactly.
    Cleaning happens only when I have time & it looks bad enough to bother me. Coming from chrome laden Valkyries I do appreciate the lack of time consuming cleaning that our Bs require. I'll never understand the perfect paint worship that a lot of folks seem to have about their vehicles, I live in the real world where stuff gets nicked up if you ride or drive it. Complaints about the paint is low on my list on such a fine riding machine!
    11231688_10206128563551583_5934837486282783783_n.jpg
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Matte Silver...no shining needed boys
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

The guy that followed my initial post commented about my lack of posts here.
    What is above is a good example as to why.
    The soon to be departed F6B will be the first of my 10 bikes that I have traded that had less than 50,000 miles on it.
    Unfortunately I don't have a job that pays well enough that I can view $20,000 as a "disposable investment".
    I never implied anything bad towards the bike that was not directed to "Mother Honda".|
    The reason for me getting in this mess,other than the paint and the fact that Honda doesn't give a shit. Is a car fell off a co-workers lift and partially landed on my right leg,that had already had a previous surgery. That surgery,a car falling and the following onset of arthritis was not even on my radar when I bought the bike,(buy a bike for life).
    Sooooooooooooo you can imagine my surprise when,because I do love to ride,tried to trade into a 16 Goldwing because of nothing other than ergonomics,and since I work at a car dealership and was expecting to loose 5 to 6K and it turns in to double that.

money and bikes don't mix

I bought my 2013 deluxe after selling my baby - my 2001 VTX 1800C at 41000 miles, which I absolutely did not baby at any point. That bike never let me down once, and was a big reason I bought the F6B. I certainly don't have money to burn, but I absolutely loved the combination of the F6B look with the Honda/Honda Goldwing reputation for quality and longevity. I scoured ads and found one with 4000 miles for 13500. It was more than I could afford and took a lot of convincing on my part to get the wife to agree for a loan on the bike. One of the biggest points that sold my wife on the bike is ads on Craigslist/Cycletrader where people are selling Wings with over 100,000 miles. If my F6B is going to last 100,000 miles what other bike can you compare it with? Longevity - and not having it in the repair shop constantly - is why i buy Honda. Longevity = real money, Less repairs = real money. Not shiny paint = I don't give a shit. I like to ride the back roads at night in NH, leaning the shit out of bike in 4th and blaring 80's music on Pandora. The bike makes me feel rich.

When I bought my 2015 Deluxe I went in looking for a leftover 14 because I wanted yellow so bad it was killing me. The dealer looked around and found no other dealer close that had a yellow one in stock. So I was going to continue my quest and he said they had a couple of new 15's still crated, one black and one blue, told him to let me see the blue and fell in love with that color! With extended warranty through 2021 I paid right at 22k and that was trading in the 14 Vaquero that they got me out from under. Got to buy em to ride cause you'll loose money as soon as you sign the papers.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

$29,500 for both these Hondas new. Left over 2013's bought in 2014. Was well aware of the way Honda does things. Also was aware that these bikes would be the last ones we need to buy due to the legendary Honda reliability & our ages 58 and 52. Ride & enjoy.

11206113_10205643438543761_2990808975745807864_n.jpg
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    $29,500 for both these Hondas new. Left over 2013's bought in 2014. Was well aware of the way Honda does things. Also was aware that these bikes would be the last ones we need to buy due to the legendary Honda reliability & our ages 58 and 52. Ride & enjoy.

Attachment 22540
    I thought the bike I bought, a few years back, a 99 Valkyrie, would probably be my last bike due to my age..Now 17 years and 5 bikes later I hope to keep riding for a few more years and maybe 1 more bike....(only if Honda updates with a newer version of the F6B)....Ride safe and the day.....

Quote Originally Posted by dmize View Post
    No actually I traded a 2002 Goldwing in on the F6B.
    Found out quickly that I could not wax or keep the bike clean,then found out Honda didn't care. Then found out that there are still 14 2013 F6B's in Honda warehouses that can be purchased new for about $13,000 which made my $19,000 deluxe model worth about $9,000.
    Shitty thing is loosing $10,000 on a bike in 3 years.
    Got my New 13 for 12,500 last week. Yeah, Im happy. Good luck with your new ride!
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I sold a 2007 Goldwing with 84,000 miles when I bought my 2015 Deluxe last year and I got 50% of what I paid for it. I also sold a 1997 Valkyrie this year. This is a a bike Honda couldn't sell and only produced for seven years. the Valkyrie was 19 years old and brought 60% of its purchase price.

I always negotiate when I buy a new bike and have never paid full retail for any bike. Honda has always made a great and dependable motorcycle. To me Hondas have always been a good value. I am super pleased with my 2015 Deluxe and I will probably never wear it out.

One good thing about F6B's not selling is that when people see one they notice it because there aren't many out there. I get a tremendous amount positive comments on mine everywhere I go.

Just a satisfied owner!!!!!