Clearview Windshield height question

Thread: Clearview Windshield height question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Advice

I have been following this thread, thanks everyone for the input. Just need a little advice...I currently have the clearview small and it is too short for me (will probably put it up for sale). I am 6'1" and I have the stock seat. I am contemplating ordering the large but I am concerned it may be too tall, I want to look over the windshield. Any advise would be appreciated!! Thanks for your time.

Mark
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Again, I am 5'7" and I look over my large Clearview.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Buy Large

MARK, without a doubt, buy the large. At 6'1", no worries. You'll look over. I'm 5'7 1/2" and I actually do look over with good posture. I road longer yesterday and actually felt like I handled the bike better and more comfortablly while correcting for posture. At a slouch I can still sort of look over, or through, but to me it's at that uncomfortable middle line or eye level. I was thinking medium might be better, but now I'm thinking I actually might prefer the large even at my vertically challenged height.

Quote Originally Posted by buda315 View Post
    MARK, without a doubt, buy the large. At 6'1", no worries. You'll look over. I'm 5'7 1/2" and I actually do look over with good posture. I road longer yesterday and actually felt like I handled the bike better and more comfortablly while correcting for posture. At a slouch I can still sort of look over, or through, but to me it's at that uncomfortable middle line or eye level. I was thinking medium might be better, but now I'm thinking I actually might prefer the large even at my vertically challenged height.
    +1 large is good for me. If you can look over the screen and see the road 50 ft. In front of you your good to go. By the way I see 30 ft.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Thank you gentlemen, I have decided to purchase the large. Thanks again for your time!

Mark
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL

Do you buy the Clearview direct or from a retailer? I'm ready to do something asap. I'm 5'11" with a 29" inseam, so I sit a little tall. I am also considering the Honda accessory tall.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Clearview short sport shield thoughts...

I installed a Clearview short sport on my 2015 F6B yesterday. I took the bike out for a shakedown run on the U.S. 60 toward Globe, just got home. Here's some info: this is a beautifully made piece of kit, that took all of 20 minutes to install. I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam, stock seat and bars. I decided on the light gray tint with the recurve option. Using my free hand I was able to check the wind flow at several speeds. The recurve coupled with the height pushed the wind over my full face Shoei RF1200 beautifully. I opened my shield at 80 mph and rode comfortably for about 3 miles. Keep in mind my I have been riding Italian sport bikes for 30 years, so wind protection has never been a priority. This shield fits the bike's profile perfectly and provides a clean bubble of air for the rider. All in all an excellent value.