Discontinuing f6?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discontinuing f6?

Discontinuing f6?

I heard that Honda may drop this model. Can anyone verify this?
    It might factor in to timing a purchase.
    Thx. Flhfxd

Cool

No one knows and Honda WILL NOT tell...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Take it for what it's werth. This being the second year of white and I thought 2017 being white only may the tell.

The thought/rumor, but it's been thought previously, is that 2018 will be the year for a new Gold Wing. If that turns out to be true, I'd be surprised if the F6B is included in the offerings.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Honda really stays very "tight" with new releases, but my guess, with the terribly slow sales volume of the F6B, it is a "goner" ....Too bad as it is one the nicest bikes I have owned over the years and I have had a bunch!!!...Ride safe

Wonder if the f6b styling was a test for the new GW / bagger style....?

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    We will have a Limited edition if that's the case!
    The force is strong in this one.....

I am 56 y.o. now and I am pretty sure I will not need another bike the rest of my life, just have to dump the Sportster, so even if they do discontinue it so what. I used to swap out every two years because I was looking for the right bike that fit me. There is nothing this bike needs, especially after the Torq Loopz, well maybe the Daytona mufflers, after that I'm done. If you're not going to get rid of it and not play the trade-in game let them do whatever they want because they'll always, at least in the forseable future, have the Goldwing so the parts will always be there. It's like a Rolex Daytona, they only make a certain amount every year and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I am 56 y.o. now and I am pretty sure I will not need another bike the rest of my life, just have to dump the Sportster, so even if they do discontinue it so what. I used to swap out every two years because I was looking for the right bike that fit me. There is nothing this bike needs, especially after the Torq Loopz, well maybe the Daytona mufflers, after that I'm done. If you're not going to get rid of it and not play the trade-in game let them do whatever they want because they'll always, at least in the forseable future, have the Goldwing so the parts will always be there. It's like a Rolex Daytona, they only make a certain amount every year and that's it.
    I completely understand. Just to clarify, I'm trying to "time" my purchase ie: do I get an F6B in 2017.....cause they may be discontinued? Or do I wait for the new (someone suggested 2018) GoldWing cause it just might be, even better with quick detach backrest, luggage rack, aft trunk, and super slick F6B styling.....? Hmmmmmm.......

Quote Originally Posted by Flhfxd View Post
    I completely understand. Just to clarify, I'm trying to "time" my purchase ie: do I get an F6B in 2017.....cause they may be discontinued? Or do I wait for the new (someone suggested 2018) GoldWing cause it just might be, even better with quick detach backrest, luggage rack, aft trunk, and super slick F6B styling.....? Hmmmmmm.......
    You have time to buy a 2017 later if you want. They're not selling like hot cakes.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537