Welcome and thanks for what you do. I've got a 2016 Matte Silver I bought new two years ago and Rivco highway pets I bought used this year.
I tried several products on the matte finish. Finally settled on a product called "Bug Slide" which works great on every part of the bike except the tires of course. Windshield, paint, my Bushtec trailer, my SS kitchen appliances, my helmet including the shield. I'll probably never buy another motorcycle cleaning product again.
Concerning the pegs, the early ones had a reputation for breaking the valve covers if the bike fell over. The newer ones have a cut near the hinge which is supposed to cause the peg to break before the valve cover does. I waited on a pair of those. I can ride home with a broken peg, not so a broken valve cover. Mine have little, roughly 1" nubs on the underside to hook your boot on but they didn't work well. I put a 2.5" long piece of black fuel line on each of the pegs and it makes them much easier to deploy while riding.
Wish I had "torque loops" on mine, I will eventually but it's not in the cards this year.
I suspect you'll love the bike!! Enjoy!
Mike

Almost forgot. https://www.bugslide.com/