TPMS... DIY and Design Anatomy - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TPMS... DIY and Design Anatomy

I'm not concerned about it coming thru the sound system, half the time I'm listening to the wind only. You could mount a small warning horn out of sight under the dash somewhere. I've seen these small horns in electronic stores.

I'm gonna look into this. Thanks for the idea; it's a good one.

Audible warning through a 3.5 jack at set below normal tyre pressure would be excellent

SRT8 - your doing great, your project is going to be a hit! Positive enforcement always speeds up production!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Audible warning through a 3.5 jack at set below normal tyre pressure would be excellent
    With the design completely in my control, anything is a possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    SRT8 - your doing great, your project is going to be a hit! Positive enforcement always speeds up production!
    I really appreciate that FLA; I won't say how many all-nighters I've pulled trying to get this going. I have parts for the sensor in hand and ordered custom PCB's last week.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    With the design completely in my control, anything is a possibility!
    I still say a small warning horn separate from the sound system. But who am I to say? You're the one staying up all night! Thx for working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I still say a small warning horn separate from the sound system. But who am I to say? You're the one staying up all night! Thx for working on this.
    You're now the 3rd person to cast that vote... so I think a horn is "sounding" good

Audible Alert

Would it be simple enough to run the LED trigger to a relay to activate the factory horn?
    Might scare the hell out of you but it would get your attention quick enough for a catastrophic tire failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedubya View Post
    Would it be simple enough to run the LED trigger to a relay to activate the factory horn?
    Might scare the hell out of you but it would get your attention quick enough for a catastrophic tire failure.
    That's actually a brilliant idea Ted.

Someone recently asked me in another thread how this is coming, but I only saw the question briefly in-passing. I thought I'd be able to come back to the question and reply but I can't find it! So I apologize for not responding in that thread.

I have custom PCBs for the sensors in hand and I'm patting myself on the back for getting the sizing as good as it seems; the boards drop nice and snugly into the sensor housing that I want to use. The only tasks left for the sensor is to assemble the loose parts onto the board, connect the battery, and seal it back up with potting material.

I have a couple of technical issues to figure out on the receiver... and then need to figure out how to package it up and mount it on the bike.