Valkyrie fanatic lusting after F6B. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valkyrie fanatic lusting after F6B.

Thanks for the encouragement!
    I have been reading about the things you "6" owners say about the F6B & I am more than ready to throw a leg over one. One of my former bikes was a 2005 Rocket 3 so I will feel right at home with a power increase over my "classic" Valks.
    I will endeavor to ride one soon. I doubt we will be getting two F6B's as we are trying to downsize the wife's ride. She has some nerve damage in her leg & riding her Valkyrie is sometimes difficult for her, that's why we will be looking at the CTX1300 for her. My minimum number of cylinders for any bike we own is four! I have no doubt the F6B is the right bike for me. Hoping that the value of all 4 of our bikes is enough to buy one of the new bikes we want so we only finance one. Hate payments!
    Just for fun, has anybody ridden a Rocket 3 {non touring model} AND the F6B to compare power. My R3 totally outran my fastest Valkyrie {the '97} in every way that could be measured.

Attachment 6202Attachment 6203Attachment 6204Attachment 6205
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Sold my 98 Valk... no brainer.......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    No personal experience, but doubtful the 6 would outrun a Rocket. The numbers favor the R3.

Go for it!

Had a '97 Valkyrie Tourer, green & cream. Loved it. It pales in comparison to the F6B. Ride your Valkyrie to your dealer, checkbook in hand, take a test ride, then I dare you not to pull the trigger.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    I have been reading about the things you "6" owners say about the F6B & I am more than ready to throw a leg over one. One of my former bikes was a 2005 Rocket 3 so I will feel right at home with a power increase over my "classic" Valks.
    I will endeavor to ride one soon. I doubt we will be getting two F6B's as we are trying to downsize the wife's ride. She has some nerve damage in her leg & riding her Valkyrie is sometimes difficult for her, that's why we will be looking at the CTX1300 for her. My minimum number of cylinders for any bike we own is four! I have no doubt the F6B is the right bike for me. Hoping that the value of all 4 of our bikes is enough to buy one of the new bikes we want so we only finance one. Hate payments!
    Just for fun, has anybody ridden a Rocket 3 {non touring model} AND the F6B to compare power. My R3 totally outran my fastest Valkyrie {the '97} in every way that could be measured.

Attachment 6202Attachment 6203Attachment 6204Attachment 6205
    I've ridden a 2013 R3 and the B doesn't come close. I own a modded M109R 2011 and the B doesn't come close to it either. What impresses me the most about the B is the power two up. You just can't lug 5th gear down too low. It's like all you need is second and fifth. The B is an impressive bike. Tuner exhaust and intakes would probably make a lot of difference. I like it like it is. Probably the quickest bagger out there.

Just for fun, has anybody ridden a Rocket 3 {non touring model} AND the F6B to compare power.
    I test rode the rocket before I bought the F6B. The rocket is cool but not as balanced and refined. The rocket probably has a lot more torque. You can really feel it while revving the inline engine. The F6 has a lower center of gravity and rides like a bike half it's size. You will be amazed at the handling and maneuverability of the F6B.

My R3 was tuned and making around 150 hp...way faster than my F6B. The launch was just scary . Unfortunately, it didn't have the frame and suspension to handle that power which made that ride downright dangerous. The F6B has adequate power and handles it well .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I test rode the rocket before I bought the F6B. The rocket is cool but not as balanced and refined. The rocket probably has a lot more torque. You can really feel it while revving the inline engine. The F6 has a lower center of gravity and rides like a bike half it's size. You will be amazed at the handling and maneuverability of the F6B.
    Pretty much the same observations I had about the R3. Just wasn't the comfort of the Valkyrie, 3 cylinder vibration on longer rides did me in. That & the fact that it is a Triumph, I just didn't trust the reliability of the thing.
    Those 109's are real quick for sure even in stock trim, about the only full size cruiser that will keep up with the Rocket but alas, it's a 2 cylinder & a Suzuki.
    All out speed isn't what I'm after these days... just the smooth, reliable full size comfort that only a flat 6 powered bike can deliver. The fact that the 6 is more powerful than most all other baggers on the market is the icing on the cake.
    I have Monday off & you can bet I'll be at one of the local Honda dealers seeking a test ride on the F6B!
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

I understand your hesitation....

Let me assure you that you willl love the new F6B. I also came off of 16 years of Valkyrie ownership, first a 98 Tourer then a 2000 Interstate that I owned over 13 years. I loved both of those bikes but was ready for a change. The lighter handling, fuel injection, bigger motor, self cancelling turn signals, center stand. all things that we Valkyrie owners have been asking for in the last 10 years.

I just got home from InZane and everyone that asked to ride my F6B had a big grin on their face and said that when they got home they were going to talk to their local dealer.

Get yourself an Ultimate seat and some risers and you will be in a pretty comparable riding posistion as you are in your Valkyrie. I have the taller Hondaline accessory windshield and I am happy with it. Lots of aftermarket parts available so you can pretty much do anything you want with it. Enjoy!

Was at my dealer today turning in a VTX 1300 trike for a friend of mine who can no longer ride due to health reasons..Dealer had a 2000 Black Valk Tourer in the used bike section...52,000 miles and immaculate, chrome out the "wazzu" and probably had every piece that was available during the hey-day years...Sat on it for a few minutes and reflected on my 6 years with my 99 Tourer and it brought back many fond memories...Then went and sat on the new 2014 Valkyrie in the showroom for a minute, what a complete difference in the two...But, when all was said and done I got on my F6B and thanked my "lucky stars" and rode off into the sunset on perhaps, in my judgment, one of the finest bikes available today for my needs....Love the thing more every time I ride it......Looking for some more decent weather so I can enjoy the warmer weather.....