I am short 5' 8" 30" inseam - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am short 5' 8" 30" inseam

just loosen up the pre load first,its free

Put on some weight, get a BIG girlfriend.

Who wants to minimize performance in such a desperate way ? Big wales belong to HD impressionists . Lets keep style and proportions .

I think the Mustang seat lower by one inch will most likley do the job for me. I do not want to lower the bike and give up performance.

Thank you for all your help guys!!!!

Steve

5'6" 29" inseam, also post Harley. While I cannot flat foot the f6 it hasn't been a real problem because the bike is so nicely balanced, even better than Harleys. So no mods for me yet.
    ss^,
    Ken

I'm 5'6", 29" inseam. looking to buy a F6B this year. I lowered my meanstreak from 29" to 27" seat height by 1" shorter shocks in rear and slightly shorter front tire and 1" lower mustang seat. Mustang seats are great. I think the lowering actually helped the handling, I was worried about that, but turned out better.
    You need to remove the center stand if you lower the F6B.
    Funny because I sat on all 3, the full wing and F6B and valkyrie side by side in the dealership. The F6B looked a lot lower, but when I sat on them, I could reach the ground better on the full wing and the seat was a whole lot more comfy. F6B looks a whole lot lower, but the seat height is almost the same, yes wider in front makes the diff. I looked at a bunch of bikes and I just cannot find a reason not to get a F6B. The salesman was trying to sell me on a 1300ctx, but I just couldn't buy it, looks nice but saddlebags a little cheap looking and my leg touched the exhaust pipe when I put my feet down and a couple more thousnd for the F6B seems like a no brainer. great forum guys, now all I need is the money, ugh.

I'm 5'7 and took the stock seat to a local reupholster and had her lower it an inch and narrow front a little. Works great for me and it only cost $100.00. She's done work on other bike seats and does a great job. just a thought.

stock seat mod

AWESOME! GREAT INFORMATION .. now to locate an upholster to manage the modifications.THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    I'm 5'7 and took the stock seat to a local reupholster and had her lower it an inch and narrow front a little. Works great for me and it only cost $100.00. She's done work on other bike seats and does a great job. just a thought.
    that's a great idea, there are some seat mods on you tube, doesn't seem that hard, especially since I'm a carpenter by trade. nothing to loose.worth a try. I have a stapler and electric kitchen knife, all you need.