Tour pack

Thread: Tour pack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know this pack doesn't have speakers, but I just bought a XFMT Chopped Tour Pack Trunk w/black hardware and black luggage rack & king backrest off Amazon for $270.99. Seems to be of decent quality and comes with trunk liner and all black hardware.

I also purchased a US Stock Moto Onfire Tour Pack Plate (Advanblack) black laser cut inner base reinforcement plate for the pack to sit on. Was pricey at $59, but the plate fits exactly to the XFMT chopped pack base. I then used plate as a template to custom cut a galvanized piece of metal for the inside of the pack with snips from ACE Hardware for $9.99. This allows me to "sandwich" the bottom of the pack for added stability. I found all the necessary nuts, lock nuts and washers at ACE.

I couldn't find any M8 bolts that worked locally so I had to order Prime-Line 9186710 set sockets M8-1.25x80mm. The bolts came in a 5-pack and were $22.75 on Amazon.

Since I have a 2015 F6B Deluxe I have my backrest to use as a template for hole spacing. Will be fun trying to figure out where to drill the holes so it doesn't sit too far back or forward for my passenger.

Appreciate all the information on this thread. Anyone have any tips to help with deciding where to drill the holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisiv View Post
    I know this pack doesn't have speakers, but I just bought a XFMT Chopped Tour Pack Trunk w/black hardware and black luggage rack & king backrest off Amazon for $270.99. Seems to be of decent quality and comes with trunk liner and all black hardware.

I also purchased a US Stock Moto Onfire Tour Pack Plate (Advanblack) black laser cut inner base reinforcement plate for the pack to sit on. Was pricey at $59, but the plate fits exactly to the XFMT chopped pack base. I then used plate as a template to custom cut a galvanized piece of metal for the inside of the pack with snips from ACE Hardware for $9.99. This allows me to "sandwich" the bottom of the pack for added stability. I found all the necessary nuts, lock nuts and washers at ACE.

I couldn't find any M8 bolts that worked locally so I had to order Prime-Line 9186710 set sockets M8-1.25x80mm. The bolts came in a 5-pack and were $22.75 on Amazon.

Since I have a 2015 F6B Deluxe I have my backrest to use as a template for hole spacing. Will be fun trying to figure out where to drill the holes so it doesn't sit too far back or forward for my passenger.

Appreciate all the information on this thread. Anyone have any tips to help with deciding where to drill the holes?
    Please post some pics of the finished product, it would be mightily appreciated.

That pack should serve you well. I followed the same install path and sandwiched the pack as you outlined. As for preferred placement, I used several cardboard templates and moved them around until I found the correct spot. So, a lot of trial and error. One thing to consider when moving the pack fore and aft, make sure you take seat removal into consideration. I mounted mine very close and low to the rear of my Ultimate King and almost made it impossible to remove the seat. Another 1/4" forward and I would need to remove the pack to remove the seat.

If you also have the pack lights, use a weatherproof quick disconnect to supply power.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I can try to provide further insight.

**Edit: Too late, looks like you are already there. lol
    Last edited by F6Pilot; 12-07-2021 at 11:06 PM.