Am I the only one that thinks Motorcycle Boots with laces are a bad idea.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that thinks Motorcycle Boots with laces are a bad idea.

Am I the only one that thinks Motorcycle Boots with laces are a bad idea.

I see more and more ads in Motorcycle Magazines for Motorcycle Boots that lace up and no protective flap to hold the laces in place. I guess they never had the laces of a Boot get caught so their foot couldn't get to the ground at a stop!

Just an observation of what I thought to be a bad idea...
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Velcro! The shoelace of the new millennium. Now that I'm 56 (today, in fact), I've come to embrace Velcro in all my shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I see more and more ads in Motorcycle Magazines for Motorcycle Boots that lace up and no protective flap to hold the laces in place. I guess they never had the laces of a Boot get caught so their foot couldn't get to the ground at a stop!

I like zip up motorcycle boots.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    +1

Been riding for 47 years never ever have my laces ever hooked on anything, my left shoe and boots often wear out where shifter rides on my foot and lace failure in same area happens often

If your boot laces are getting caught on pegs you need to do 2 things. Shorter laces and smaller bunny ears. 🙈🙉🙊

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    If your boot laces are getting caught on pegs you need to do 2 things. Shorter laces and smaller bunny ears. 
    Once upon a time ago, I had to investigate a fatal motor vehicle accident, motorcycle vs pickup truck. The dirt bike rider came out of a ditch to cross a highway, and the truck (doing 50mph or greater) t-boned the motorcyclist dead centre. The only way we could tell for certain where the point of contact was because the impact drew the motorcyclist out of his zipped up boots, and his boots were left right at the point of contact - just as if someone had placed them side by side, standing up straight, in the middle of the lane. To be clear, keeping his boots on would not have helped him survive the accident.

I've not worn zippered boots riding motorcycles since. And I've never had a lace get caught up either.

To each their own, as long as it works!!

Yes I have had a lace catch on the foot peg more than once when I was younger. Now I'm old and my belly will not let me bend to tie my shoes. cueman

Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
    Once upon a time ago, I had to investigate a fatal motor vehicle accident, motorcycle vs pickup truck. The dirt bike rider came out of a ditch to cross a highway, and the truck (doing 50mph or greater) t-boned the motorcyclist dead centre. The only way we could tell for certain where the point of contact was because the impact drew the motorcyclist out of his zipped up boots, and his boots were left right at the point of contact - just as if someone had placed them side by side, standing up straight, in the middle of the lane.

I've not worn zippered boots riding motorcycles since. And I've never had a lace get caught up either.

To each their own, as long as it works!!
    I imagine that the motorcyclist had a hell of a lot more things to worry about post mortem; than where his boots were...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I imagine that the motorcyclist had a hell of a lot more things to worry about post mortem; than where his boots were...
    I edited my post to reflect that, yes indeed.